back to article Next Palm smartphone out early 2011, says HP

New Palm smartphones will arrive early next year, HP has revealed. "You will see us coming early next year with new phones," Senior HP Eric Cador said in Barcelona today. Cador didn't provide any other details - he was talking more about HP's $1.2bn acquisition of Palm than the new subsidiary's products. But he did stress …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Andrew Baines Silver badge
    FAIL

Palm Pre

Mine's on ebay if anyone wants one. Not sure I'll bother with another - nice OS, but build quality?

1. Anonymous Coward
      FAIL

Oh dear

You get a FAIL for being the worst salesman ever. I dread to think what it says on the eBay auction:

"For sale, Palm Pre. NB. If it falls apart in the box on the way to you, due to it being built like crap, I am not responsible."

1. Andrew Baines Silver badge
        Happy

£56 and 24 hours to go with 28 watchers

I sold it last week for £105, but the numpty couldn't pay as only had postal orders (no thanks).

Hoping for £120.

2. chriswakey

Title goes here

I have to agree.

I loved my Pre at first (and still love the OS), but the reliability of the hardware is shocking.

I'm moving onto a Desire Z, just as soon as HTC pull their thumb out of their arse and release it...

2. Peter Gordon
    Thumb Up

Well I love my Pre

and i'm glad to see Palm haven't given up yet!

1. MikeyWilko
      Thumb Up

Me too!

I also love my Palm Pre. Web OS is by far the best operating system on a phone I've used. It's fantastic to develop apps for too. Can't wait for HP's tablet to come out. I just wish I wasn't locked to O2 for another year with it, they are shocking!

2. Andrew Baines Silver badge
      Grenade

Quality

Nothing wrong with 4 hour battery life, case that's plastic so the corners can break off. Only covers you can buy make it look really clunky.

And whoever thought of no confirmation on delete needs shooting - you go to delete an email as another arrived - OOPS.

Keyboard for those with small fingers - I could never use the Q or P keys as the surround was in the way.

AND DON'T GET ME STARTED ON CALL QUALITY - ECHO, ECHO, ECHO

Did I mention, mines for sale on ebay (2 months old, warranty replacement). Would you like another one? Really good. I'll end early for £150.

3. Chris Miller

No keyboard

Just shows that the original Palm folks knew what they were doing with Graffiti.

4. Neil 34
    Thumb Up

Love my Pre

... works great. Battery life is fine under normal use. Multitasking works like it is suppose to. Quality issues ... none. The phone is small, fits conveniently in my pocket. Great phone. Too bad if HP drops the keyboard.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like