back to article Buy your own Batmobile

The original 1960s Batmobile was the dream car for a generation of superhero fans. Now for $150,000, American company Fiberglass Freaks will build you one. Officially licensed, the Batcar take six months to build and features a red flashing beacon, a radar screen, a retractable gold coloured Batbeam and a dashboard DVD player …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. John Robson Silver badge
    Flame

Flamethrowers

are road legal?

I'm getting me one!

2. jai

where does he get those wonderful toys?

shame, i was hoping it'd be the Michael Keaton batmobile that was a truely beautiful piece of automobile design, as well as being pure awesome sauce for being the Batmobile too.

3. SirTainleyBarking
    Heart

*Wants*

That is all

Now where did I put my cape and tights?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Atomic batteries to power, turbines to speed"

Yeah, saying that at the start of every trip's not going to annoy anyone.

I'd rather have a Tumbler, mind you.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not sure if ...

From their auction:

"This vehicle is scheduled for production on 4-15-11 and the anticipated completion is 10-15-10. When the car is ready, we will process registration and titling as required by law. Bid now for delivery by Halloween of 2011! "

So, the car will be completed 10-15-10, althought production doesnt start till 4-15-11, and you can't get it till near Halloween?

6. GroovemasterJ
    Happy

Advert

While reading the article, I couldn't help but notice the "webuyanycar.com" advert at the top of the page. Well done.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

adblock

Although I'd love to support the reg by allowing it's adverts, there is no chance until they decide to stop plastering every page with REALLY ANNOYING FLASHING ones.

So, I missed that funny one you spotted :/

7. David Haig
    IT Angle

@jai

At the Toyota display at the British Grand Prix a couple of years ago - and as the GP team doesn't now exist there must be at least one going begging.

They also had a bat bike, but maybe not the same year.

GP fan, not a Bat fan ....

8. Aaron Em

Sub-head

I hope y'all bought a round for whoever thought of it. Nicely done!

9. Winkypop Silver badge
    Thumb Up

Gosh Batman!

A dream come true!!!

10. TeeCee Gold badge
    Coat

"fibreglass body"

That'll ruin Robin's day. No chance of getting a cheap laugh due to holey rusted metal.

11. thesykes
    Thumb Up

Flamethrower?

Perfect for when the smarmy sales rep in his 3 series is 6 inches from your boot lid on the M1...

12. Loyal Commenter Silver badge

Awwwww

I was hoping it would be the new batmobile (complete with bat-bike). I'd love one of those...

13. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Tumbler please!

While the 60s BatMobile is a classic, I'd much rather have the Tumbler, either the one from the recent movies or the original comic.

This topic is closed for new posts.