back to article Nintendo 3DS misses Xmas launch window

Nintendo's upcoming 3D handheld console, the 3DS, won't debut until next year, the videogames pioneer has admitted. Result: a lot of kids will get 'old' tech as presents this Christmas. Nintendo's global roll-out kicks off on 26 February with the Japanese launch, with the gadget arriving in the US and Europe early in March - …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Greg J Preece

Didn't they say this ages ago?

I seem to remember Nintendo saying the 3DS would be launched in March when it was first announced. That's certainly the month I've had in my head since I found out about it.

2. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Kids...

want an iPOD Touch because the games are *much* cheaper... and you can browse the internet, the new one has cameras, and it's a good music player, and you can watch films, and 3D is a flash in the pan...

3. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Good job it's not Microsoft making it.

They would have rushed it out anyway, not worrying about it not working, and having it's featureset slashed, and then spend the next 5 years patching it up.

Sony/Nintendo do it properly and are Engineering driven and products are released when they are finished, Microsoft are marketing driven and deliver when people want to buy them, regardless of the state of the product.

4. DrXym

£230 is a lot of money

Even the PSP didn't cost that much at launch and that was widely considered to be an expensive handheld. I guess Nintendo are banking on people overlooking the lacklustre hardware and the high price because of the 3D screen.

1. Anonymous Coward
      FAIL

Same price as a PS3.

for a crappy little handheld.

Are they for real?

5. Annihilator
    Troll

Star Fox/Wing

Ah, will it require the 3DS to have a "Super FX" chip in it like the SNES needed?

Why is there no nostalgia icon? :o( Troll doll, cos their nostalgic.

6. James Hughes 1

Too expensive

For the children's market given current freezes on spending. >£200 is in to big boys territory. Who wants to spent that on a child Xmas/Birthday present? (apart from those who are desperate to increase the size of their debt)

7. andy gibson

ipod touch?

Really? When there are R4 devices and free DS games galore on the torrent sites?

1. Gangsta
      Jobs Horns

DS?

Really? When there are iPod Jailbreaks and free iPod games galore on the torrent sites?

8. LinkOfHyrule
    Pint

NOT FAIR WAHH HAAA OOWW!

This kid is gunna be crying into his beer! Not fair! Want it now!

I want to play games in 3D for 15 minuets and then turn the 3D off due to headaches and never use it again, NOW!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like