back to article World to face laptop famine this Xmas?

Want a new notebook this Christmas? Then get your order in early. That's the message coming out of Taiwan, source of almost all of the world's laptops, from the big brands to the little-known names. Intel's operation on the island this week confirmed that demand for its laptop-oriented processors, Wi-Fi modules and chipsets - …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. A. Lewis
    Alert

So long as this doesn't apply to the EEE PC.

I don't care...

2. Simon
    Coat

Who to blame?

A slap in the face with a wet fish for the first person who tries to blame this on Apple laptop sales...

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

apple who

i remember hearing something about this company not too long ago. they make pcs and laptops right? i think they contribute about 3% or so to the marketplace? yeah i dont think they'll be too much to blame. the fart i broke this morning at work probably contributes more to the world laptop shortage than apple's macbooks.

4. Walter Brown
    Heart

Heres a suggestion...

If Intel is running short on supply, Buy AMD!...

Even if Intel isnt running short on supply, Buy AMD!...

AMD + Asus + nVidia = Rock Solid, kick ass performance!

5. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Do you have to?

Do you *have* to use that horrible abbreviation 'Xmas'?

I'm about as religious as the next Brit (i.e. not very), but I really hate this PC abbreviation which strips away the last vestige of a Christian celebration.

Please, please, cast this one out to join the equally vile 'mobe' in the wilderness...

Thanks.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like