back to article Apple COO Cook to take the HP helm?

What kind of fool would leave Apple's second-in-command job to run Hewlett-Packard? Probably not chief operating officer Tim Cook, but that is the rumor running around the Intertubes right now, and it has spooked Wall Street. HP is hosting its financial analysts meeting in Palo Alto this afternoon, local Silicon Gulch time, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Allison Park

HP needs three leaders like they need a hole in the head

HP can't get anything done as it is let alone with three leaders. Oracle has one leader and a CFO and COO......Larry just calls them Presidents for Sh1ts and giggles.

Let's see that America's cup video again.......I for one will never return to OOW........it is a waste of time, money and insulting. In this time and age we don't need to travel up to SanFran to listen to vendor presentations that we can view on a webcast. The Black Eyed Peas were good, but you can't buy me that easy.

Allison

2. Chas
    WTF?

Err...

Not. Going, To, Happen,

Stock manipulation, plain and simple.

=:~)

3. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Horns

Jump ship...

Makes sense when one considers Mr. Jobs' health difficulties. Certainly the only thing in in Apple's favor is that huge, unjustifiable cash reserve.

HP is opportunity.

1. BingBong

@Makes sense when one considers Mr. Jobs' health difficulties.

Umm, actually it makes the complete opposite sense ... Cook could easily replace Jobs as he did during Jobs medical leave last year .. why give up that to run the rather boring HP monolith?

4. aThingOrTwo

Tim Cook doesn't do flair

Tim Cook does operations. He does efficiency. He doesn't do flair. So if HP wants flair then they don't want Cook.

His expertise is in managing supply chains. He worked previously for Compaq, so could fit in with HP. All discussion is academic anyway as he's passionate about Apple and has denied this story.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Analysts dismissed the rumour already...

As has Cook himself, apparently.

6. jon 68
    WTF?

looks like stock price manipulation to me

i suspect it's just a rumour started by some broker to make a few pennies. The rumours we've heard around where i work is.. VJ - Chairman, Bradley as CEO, and a third as president.. but we'll see this afternoon i guess.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like