back to article Prosecutor resigns over sexting spree to crime victim

A Wisconsin prosecutor who faced forced removal from office for sending sexually charged text messages to crime victims and suspects will resign instead. Calumet County District Attorney Ken Kratz had previously refused to quit following revelations he sent one crime victim 30 racy text messages over three days that among …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. ratfox
    FAIL

The prize

"I'm the attorney. I have the $350,000 house. I have the six-figure career. You may be the tall, young, hot nymph, but I am the prize."

Well, not an attorney any more, and no six-figure career anymore. Still has the house, though...

1. TimeMaster T
      Unhappy

slight corection

He is still an attorney. Unfortunately.

I suspect he will have no trouble finding another 6 figure income.

On a up note he may lose the house in the divorce settlement when his wife leaves him.

My 2 pence; people like this guy nauseate me.

1. Ken Hagan Gold badge

Re: He is still an attorney.

I find it really rather depressing that someone *this* stupid can get a law degree and a 100k per year.

2. thomas k.

"Kratz, a Republican ..."

Wow, didn't see that coming.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Thumb Up

re: Wow, didn't see that coming.

You were expecting the message went to a "hot young twink"?

3. Wallyb132
    FAIL

Why so long?

My question is why did it take him so long to resign? did he seriously think he would continue to be effective in his job after this?

Seriously he made $105k/yr, resigning was a good thing for him, now he can go find a higher paying jib, he's going to need a bit more dosh when all the lawsuits come to pass, especially when he gets handed the gift that keeps on giving, divorce papers requesting alimony...

I wonder if he actually ever got laid for his efforts or just threw his whole professional career down the shitter for a string of failed fly-by's and fiery crashes?

I dont know if i should feel sorry for him or point and laugh my ass off at him...

4. David Eddleman

Calumet County

I had no idea where that was, so I had to look it up. Turns out it's on the eastern side of WI, near Manitowoc and Sheboygan. That explains a *lot*.

(p.s. those are very redneck parts of WI.)

5. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

i know what he really needs

A little time in chokey.

1. Mike Moyle
      Joke

"In chokey"...? Well, at the very least...

...it's pretty clear that he's going to be choking his chicken for the foreseeable future.

6. Joe 3

At least four!

I wonder how many he's tried this with, and I wonder if he had much success with this technique!

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Good riddance

Probably not soon enough to avoid her bringing suit against the county. Reasonably justified in this case, I'd say.

He's Republican? And probably Born Again too; he knows he's not perfect, but assumes he'll be forgiven, so that makes it all okay in his little mind.

8. Code Monkey

All I can say is...

About bleedin time.

How arrogant do you have to be to think you can behave like this* and keep a very public job?

* well, get caught behaving like this.

9. JimND

resigned not forced?

Just wondered if that means he gets a payoff or anything, as with our MP's who didn't resign after their dodgy expenses claims were revealed, but hung on until the election when they didn't stand and got a bloody good golden handshake...

10. Dave 32
    WTF?

What happened to...

Freedom of speech?

Dave

11. Rogerborg

Next, political office

A dash of faux repentance, a bit of a rant about being tempted by liberal Jezebels, and he's already established that he's not a closeted Friend of Dorothy, which would certainly be a refreshing change for a Republican in public office.

12. Geoff Campbell Silver badge
    Stop

Resigned?

Does nobody get sacked any more? A more deserving case I cannot think of, currently.

GJC

This topic is closed for new posts.