back to article Dell, Samsung Android iPad rivals demo'd

For your lunchtime viewing pleasure, we have a couple of items of interest to those of you with an eye on the emerging Android tablet biz. First up, we have a segment from Michael Dell's OracleWorld keynote, which, as we reported yesterday, involved the CEO whipping out the upcoming 7in Streak tablet. Next, here's …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. The Other Steve
    Thumb Up

Jerky, and slow to respond

At least that was the impression I got of the galaxy. And is it just me or is he pressing something to make it rotate ? Nice form factor though.

Couldn't watch the vid of the streak, doesn't work on iPad, snark.

1. Ian Yates

Rotate button

Can't watch the video from here, but I hope that's true - though I don't suppose I'll be getting one anytime soon at the price range touted around.

I still don't get on with auto-rotate features, especially when watching videos or browsing in bed (no dirty thoughts, please). I just don't see the point...

My ebook reader (Sony PRS600 Touch) has a rotate function via a menu command, and that works in exactly the way I think is beneficial without ever being a nuisance.

1. ThomH

Different orientations are useful

In the iPad's mail app, for example, both orientations keep the email page a comfortable width, the difference being that in landscape mode you get to see your inbox down the left hand side whereas in portrait there's a button near the top that shows the inbox as a pop up.

Although the iPad would do you fine at the minute, with one of its four hardware switches being dedicated to disabling any device rotation features, I think the next OS update is rumoured to demote that switch to being 'mute' like on the iPhone (a stupid duplication of something you can already achieve with the volume button in my opinion, but what do I know?). Though it'll still be there as a software setting if the iPhone is the model.

2. frank 3
      Troll

doesn't work on the iPad? Why is that.

Could it be that the iPad is a closed platform from which steeeeeeevvvv-oh has banned flash: the most popular way of delivering video on the web?

Yeah, it's probably that.

It's your rubbish kit mate: nothing to do with the video

;-)

2. sT0rNG b4R3 duRiD

Good video for the Samsung

Makes me want to actually go out and see the thing.

Now all we need is the price and real world testing.

3. Avatar of They
    Thumb Down

Lol

Dell video, 1.58 ish into the video. Touch and slide.... Pause, try again, pause, try again. Give up.

NICE.

1. h 6
      Happy

RETRY. ABORT. FAIL.

see title.

2. ~mico
      Thumb Up

Actually...

The slide does change. Although the new one looks similar, it's not the same. Didn't spot the first change myself, but second and third were obviously different.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

docking keyboard

is it me or does the docking keyboard only allow the device to be docked in its portrait mode rather

than landscape mode? if so, thats a shame and would put me off buying such a system :-(

5. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Galaxy Tab. If you have to ask for the price...

...you can't afford it.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like