back to article When double D isn't enough - go 3D

The inflatable black cone in the corridor of the GPU Technology Conference, along with the table piled high with 3D glasses, was a dead giveaway. Ok, so it's yet another 3D demonstration. These are fairly common at this conference and the first keynote address was full of astounding graphic routines - all of them in stunning 3D …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Grenade

oh..

I'm so bored of 3D already, also, bored of Sony Move and XBox Kinetic - Zzzzz ... hankers for Chuckie Egg.

2. stu 4
    Coat

aha

So that's what Tom did after Magnum.

talented versatile bloke Tom. Good to see he landed on his feet.

3. AshC
    Thumb Up

Fascinating

Brilliantly absorbing video. Great interview with clear explanations of the technology, top stuff... would love to see it demonstrated somewhere.

4. John 4

2 Comments

Please don't flirt with the man while interviewing him, he wasn't the only one who felt a bit disconcerted.

It was a good interview from him about the technology but since it wasn't possible to show what you saw on video you could have tried to describe it.

What were you looking at, was it panoramic?

Was it projected onto the surface of the walls, or back lit on the walls?

Were you wearing 3D glasses and if so what kind (passive/active)?.

Did you feel any nausea or headaches?

Could you move around inside the dome and still have the full effect or did you have to stand right in the centre for it to work properly?

Was what you saw created using the 86 lens camera or was it from the simulated camera?

Cheers

1. frank ly

@John 4 re. flirting

I'm sure that everyone you know has learned to never compliment you on any aspect of your appearance, in case you think they're coming on to you.

5. gimbal
    Alert

Oh rly

"I can't show them on film what it is" - wellll, that's no fun - some kind of expert tech guy standing out in front of an oddly shaped tent, and an energetic interviewer offscreen. Wow. I can almost touch the sheep I'm counting. ><

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like