back to article Dell Streaks on stage

Dell's 5in 'too big for a phone, too small for a tablet' Streak may not have generated the interest either the Apple iPad or the Samsung Galaxy Tab have, but that hasn't stopped the company's CEO showing off a 7in version. Michael Dell has a habit of whipping out products a month or so before they launch formally, so we can …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Ian Yates
    WTF?

Top bar

What's with the menu/notification bar thingy at the top of the screen? Is this something they've demoed before that someone can explain?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Nope

Why do they STILL have no idea about design? It looks like a cheap 2007 Chinese iPhone ripoff. Three symbols on the right - why? It makes it look crap.

3. uhuznaa

Not too bad, actually

The trouble with the Streak is its cheesy design and those capacitive buttons you can't feel and always end up with your thumb on them by accident.

4. Tim Greenwood

Subtitle

It's not much of an article (short and to the point) but the title and subheading is a work of genious.

Thats all.

5. Chris Judd

Irony...?

Showing an advert for iPAD accessories on the screenshot.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

7"?

That is just a picture of someone with small hands holding a normal streak.

It's not how big it is -- it's what you do with it.

7. DrXym

Android device revealed at an Oracle convention

I wonder if he did that just for the laffs.

8. Gene Cash Silver badge
    Unhappy

Considering it's a Dell...

It probably runs Android 1.5, and the hardware will last until the first 6" drop onto a table.

Plus, I agree with uhuznaa, as the capacitive buttons on my Motorola Droid suck.

9. which handle
    Thumb Up

It's perfect

Hi All,

Actually Dell Streak is perfect, its not too big for a phone and too small for tablet.

As phone its just normal phone with android on it.

As tablet is again perfect - this is the first tablet with the Phone in it so you don't have to carry your phone and tablet as you have all in one.

Phone, GPS, Audio/Video player, ebook reader, all you need. All I need when travelling.

And Huge plus for Dell for relenting source code as now you can build your own Android, and because of this now we will have the latest version of android running on streak.

So its perfect :)

Yes it's anonymous cause it's too much hassle to create an account ;]

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Or

because you are Michael Dell?

1. dogged

Nah

he can speak English.

10. which handle

im not

no im not, im user, like everyone, and i think Dell Streak is great, and now you got source, and will be like linux, independent, with loads of apps.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like