back to article Google mounts attack on penis-pill pushers

Google says it has mounted a legal offensive against website operators who use its ad services to hawk penis-enlargement pills and other prescription drugs to people in the US without a license. In a federal lawsuit filed on Tuesday, the search behemoth accused the owners of two websites of intentionally bypassing prohibitions …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Megaphone

"to hawk penis-enlargement pills and other prescription drugs"

I can get penis enlargement pills on prescription?

Get me an emergency appointment with my doctor, NOW....

2. Anonymous Coward
    Pint

equivalent of the corner dealer selling nickle bags.

In blighty, i think you mean a "henry".

Or a Q, or Half..

For the benefit of those that dont know, a henry is an 1/8th of an ounce, a Q a quarter of an ounce and half, well, come on...Wakey wakey.

Just how much is a "nickle bag" in quantity and $????

1. The Beer Monster
      WTF?

A Q?

Never heard that. At all.

Kids round here deal in grams anyway, so it'd be a 7bag.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Coat

"Kids round here deal in grams anyway,"

You know you're getting old etc etc........

No officer, that isn't my coat.

3. mark 63 Silver badge

ot

"Just how much is a "nickle bag" in quantity and $????"

Dunno i wondered that too, maybe its the size of bag kiddies used to get filled with sweeties , or candy in the US . Now available filled with narcotic of your choice for conderably more.

In fact thinking about it this transaction occurs at the start of "jay and silenty bob strike back" , and the bag costs $15

now my question :)

Why do americans use the word "penny" , as dollars are divided into cents?

4. Disco-Legend-Zeke

Seems Trivial For...

...Google to send out a stealth bot. Triggered, perhaps, by non-word search terms.

Affilliate code is so easy to spot that a human could do it; should a breeze for googlebot.

5. David Eddleman

No power otherwise

"The account suggests that Google is going after the lowest level offenders, the narcotics equivalent of the corner dealer selling nickle bags."

That's because the higher-ups are operating outside the US or using 'bulletproof' hosting to get away with it, so those takedown notices sent by Google get laughed at. Also, they're probably poisoning the search results to include their wares, exploiting the flaws in the Google search algorithm that's been a game of cat-and-mouse since day 1.

6. Thomas 18
    Thumb Down

Hi, we can't program for sh*t

but our lawyers are awesome. So, either you stop exploiting the buggy loopholes in our software or we are gonna sue you!

Yeah.... that sounds like Google.

7. Mage Silver badge
    Pirate

Ads by Google

ON the page of the article

Digital Pharma Marketingwww.PharmiwebSolutions.com

eMarketing to reach healthcare professionals and consumers

This topic is closed for new posts.