back to article Interpol chief impersonated on Facebook

Scammers recently created two bogus Facebook accounts in the name of Interpol chief Ronald K. Noble in an attempt to obtain information about ongoing criminal investigations, the head of the international organization has revealed. “Just recently INTERPOL’s Information Security Incident Response Team discovered two Facebook …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Sad

Let me tell you a sad story.

When my wife ran off with another man I was deeply upset.

So I rang her and left very personal messages on that awful BT 1571 service.

(for non-brits it's a free voice-mail service but you cannot leave an outgoing message unless you pay a monthly fee)

As it turned out, I was ringing the wrong number but even though the recipient knew me he did not bother to tell me. You're an arsehole Dave!

So, you takes your chance when dealing with these sorts of "services". Just don't go there.

P.S. I'm glad now that she left. :)

1. Anonymous Coward
      Pint

Happy for you

That _was_ a sad story, but I'm happy to hear you're in a better place now.

:o)

2. Framitz
    Stop

Has there been a day

Has there been a day in the past 6 months when there wasn't some new Facebook scandal or privacy issue or some other silliness.

Does this tell you anything? Like stay the hell off of faceplant and move on with life.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Thumb Down

You could say the same thing about the internet...

The fact that people who use a service have problems isn't a big shocker if there are half a freaking billion of them. I haven't even got a Facebook account, but ragging on it for making news when it has such a large userbase is somewhat disingenuous.

3. Anonymous John

Boggle.

Who is going to believe that the head honcho at Interpol is using Facebook for official business?

4. Code Monkey

Really?

People give information about current Interpol investigations over Facebook?

Blimey

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like