back to article RIM BlackBerry Curve 3G 9300

RIM has been busy refreshing its range of smartphones lately. The BlackBerry Pearl received a 3G update and new keyboard and the series, Curve has had a makeover too. The Curve 3G 9300 offers HSDPA 3G, Wi-Fi, GPS, a 2Mp camera, a Qwerty keyboard and all RIM’s messaging know-how, at a budget price. Blackberry Curve 3G …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Jay 2
    Thumb Down

WiFi

I hope the bods at RIM have done something about their WiFi, as on my work-supplied Curve 8900 it's virtually useless. Whilst it will claim that it's grabbed an IP from my router after a minute or so any WiFi usage goes straight out of the window and more often than not the WiFi connectivity has to be stopped and started before it'll work. Though nowadays I just can't be bothered to use WiFi on it at all. I've upgraded the OS to 5, no joy, and all the other WiFi devices in the house work fine. Bit of a pity as that aside it's not bad.

1. Daniel B.

Probably defective unit?

I have had no problems with my WiFi on both the ole Bold 9000 and the 9700. Ditto with the 8220 (PearlFlip); the one thing that I did get annoyed with is the behavior in 4.6 where it won't stick to one SSID, so if I have 'monkeynet' and 'dorknet' in range, it will jump between these networks unless I disable one of those networks. BB 5.0 fixes this by adding a "select only one network" option, which eliminates this problem.

2. Alistair Stewart
      WTF?

Maybe yours is a duff one?

I never have any trouble with the WiFi on my Bold 9700, so maybe you've got a duff BlackBerry? Have you tried switching it off and on again? ;-)

2. alex dekker 1

RIM artillery

Firing Blackberries out of a cannon would make a terrible mess, although I'm glad to hear they have a use after all.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like