back to article NBC, Fox target YouTube with Hulu dance

US TV networks NBC and Fox have finally taken the dustsheets off Hulu.com, their belated response to YouTube. The site has launched in private beta today. It'll carry free ad-supported video clips from the two networks' shows - such as The Simpsons and Heroes - as well as content from MGM and Sony. Users will be allowed to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Only Clips?

I'll give it a glance, I'd watch it, but if they're only giving me clips, they don't deserve a full watch, only a passing glance.

On the other hand if we're talking full episodes then I'd watch it and even sit through the ads.

2. Tom

Not only clips

They say there will be full episodes.

Good - I don't see anything about it being US only.

Bad - They talk about a player, just what I need, more crappy software.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Competition" to YouTube

Hmm, yeah, i expect this to go the way all the competitors to Google have went.

Absolutely nowhere.

4. Antoinette Lacroix

Google ?

I think their main target is ABC. Hopefully they don't give us that "US only" crap.

5. John A Blackley

Curious

As I'm resident in the US and never watch network television, I'm curious about what the posters here would watch on Hulu if it were available. Anybody?

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@ John A Blackley

This is what my ReplayTV records regularly that's on network TV in the US:

The Simpsons

House

Moonlight

Bionic Woman

So to answer your question John A Blackley, any of the shows above.

What's really sad is I pay almost $50 a month for analog cable. And the only non-network shows I watch are The Daily Show and The Colbert Report. Of course my kids love having The Disney Channel.

This topic is closed for new posts.