back to article Canon EOS 1000D

Canon has left no corner of the saturated DSLR market untouched, which certainly has a knock-on effect for potential buyers of the 10.1Mp EOS 1000D. While its 2.5in LCD screen feels cramped by modern standards, and its all-plastic construction does make it feel cheap compared to the Nikon D3000, it is, however, compatible with …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

meh

I had an EOS 1000D, with the kit lens. It seemed *really* soft, so I printed out a test chart. It was nowhere near nyquist, even in the middle of the aperture range- no wonder it felt like shooting through soup.

Luckily, because I bought it online, I was able to return it under the distance selling regs. Got a D3000, and am really impressed, for the price. I added the 16-85mm ED VR lens later (a friend was selling one for cheap), and now it's a monster.

Nice roundup though- I always forget about that little Oly.

1. Peter Mount
      Happy

I'll stick with what I've already got

I've had my EOS D30 for 9 years now, it's still going strong and I'm happy with it. I'll only replace it when it finally dies - when ever that happens.

Gone through a few batteries - but the original Canon original is the one that's still perfectly fine.

It's only 3MP and can't handle CompactFlash cards over 1Gb but the old adage 'if its not broke don't fix it' applies - plus the fact it cost me £2K in 2001 may be a factor, that a lot of the newer versions now cost a lot less does piss me off when I see them..

Oh well...

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

It's the lens

The problem was not your camera, but that old 18-55mm non-IS kit lens was terrible. Looks like they've updated the kit to include the 18-55 IS version which is much much sharper.

If your friends shoot Nikon though it makes sense to go with Nikon as you can share lenses and accessories much more easily!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like