back to article PARIS lifts skirt on hot CAD teaser

Hot on the heels of our recent announcement that we'd make the design of the Paper Aircraft Released Into Space (PARIS) Vulture 1-X aircraft available to the unwashed masses, we're delighted to say that our CAD rendering of the vehicle is beginning to take shape. As PARIS aficionados know, we've currently got as far as the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Albert Gonzalez
    Boffin

Plane modelling

Hi

You can use the X-Plane simulator to build and test a model of the plane, also with the simulation on how will fly from release 'till touchdown.

Is not a difficult program to use, and I'm sure that the owner (Austin) would be very happy to provide you with one copy, because of the publicity involved.

Is one of the few plane simulators that can be FAA certified, and I myself can assure you that the model of a CESSNA 1732 behaves exactly as the live one.

Bigger birds I dunno.

Albert.

2. LuMan
    Thumb Up

Realflight!!

When the CAD version's complete can someone convert the model to Realflight so we can fly it on our computers using RC remote controls? That'd be WELL COOL!!

3. Mike Bell
    Paris Hilton

Slightly Disappointed...

But fortunately, I'm too savvy in the ways of the teasers at El Reg to know that this wasn't going to be a smutty article about Ms. Hilton. So it's only a minor disappointment.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Boffin

Is it?

Parametric Solid Modelling please?

Not M.Mouse Surface Modelling

5. Lottie
    Pint

Fingers crossed

I hope all goes well with the release mechanism.

I love reading about PARIS, I respect and envy you good folk at the same time.

6. G R Goslin

gussetts

Where you have diagonal struts, the gussets are redundant, since the diagonals eliminate the bending stress weakness in non-triangulated structures

7. Robert Moore
    Paris Hilton

PARIS

Paris has never looked so lovely.

8. Spot the Cat

Gussets...

Snigger - fnarr - snigger.

Brilliant stuff, keep up the good work, but who's looking after Aladdin?

9. Dave Bell

Beautiful Body

While this looks well done, what we've seen so far looks like a very conventional model-aircraft shape, and I wonder if it will work over the whole flight envelope planned. If you want something that will fly, rather than plummet, I suspect you need something a little different to a standard high-wing monoplane.

This topic is closed for new posts.