back to article Audioengine A5 amplified iPod speakers

Loudspeakers designed for digital music players are ten a penny these days but their ambitions rarely extend to the audiophile. Most are intended to replace portable CD or tape units rather than living room systems, let alone pro-level kit. Apple's iPod Hi-Fi has helped show the player can drive room-filling kit, but US-based …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

FYI

I thought I'd mention that we're now shipping with these new features:

1. 5-way speaker binding posts (gold-plated screw-down type replaces the plastic spring clip speaker connectors found on earlier versions).

2. Direct subwoofer outputs. This is a full-range output to go directly into a sub input.

The white finish is high-gloss and the new black version is semi-matte black to hide fingerprints and scratches. Both white and black include the same new features, which is something people have been asking about for some reason.

As far as availability of the A5 in the UK, we are now listed on Amazon UK:

I'm surprised you didn't mention how great these speakers work with the Airport Express! This seems to be what a large majority of our customers do and we're working on a sub that also has an AC outlet on the back to allow for a "wireless-ready sub".

Also just FYI, the AC output jack for the UK market is an EU plug - I think I sent you a US version as the EU plugs weren't shipping yet.

Brady Bargenquast, co-founder, Audioengine USA

2. Michael Auerswald

*sigh*

These definitely do sound like a pair of excellent speakers and I would love to get my hand on some, especially at this price.

Oh, wait, at the _U.S._ price, that is. Now I dont know what the shipping costs are but apparently someone here in the UK gets them delivered by rocket, otherwise I cant explain why they are being sold at up to £375.00! Damn, I'll add another couple of !!! just because!

(Ok, I've seen them for £249.00 as well, but still...no way)

Hints to cheap resellers in the UK would be much appreciated...

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Places to buy Audioengine speakers in the UK

Other places to get hold of these audioengine speakers in the UK are Ecodigital (you can also save the planet while you buy!!) and Bluestream Audio Visual. ,)

This topic is closed for new posts.