back to article Google squirrels into human brains with Scribe experiment

Google has created an atmosphere of McCarthyism and a postage stamp-sized image of what the hell the world will look like if us hacks use the firm's latest creepy tool, dubbed Scribe. In case you're wondering, the opening sentence of this story was written (almost entirely) in the latest feature to hit Google Labs, which is …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Red Bren
    Badgers

Speak Your Branes

It's the twat-o-tron v2!

2. Malcolm 1

There/They're/Their

If it can correct usage of There/They're/Their Your/You're etc. then the world would be a better place.

And it's not all that different from the auto-suggestion features you find on smartphones really (coming soon to Android do you think?).

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Would of/could of

I'm almost immune the there/their/they're now. My bugbear is the people who don't know how to spell would have/could have.

Sigh!

3. TeeCee Gold badge
    WTF?

I know what this is.

It's an automated version of a roomful of monkeys with typewriters. Same effect, less of the inconvenience associated with large quantities of bananas and monkey shit.

4. Brett Brennan 1
    Go

Kippling-matic?

So, if I compile a bookmarks list full of the Kip's works, will it let me write in his style too? Hmmm, there's gold in them thar hills, me thinks...

1. Lottie

A lot of work

just to sell a cookbook.

Even if your recipes *were* exceedingly tasty.

2. SlabMan

Que?

As Groucho said when asked, 'do you like Kipling?' - 'I don't know. I've never kippled.'

5. AceRimmer1980
    FAIL

You will be assimilated

So *that's* what the developers of Buzz, Wave, WarDriv..(eh..it's not called that when *we* do it) et al have been moved onto.

6. Timo

looks like a spam automation service

So drag enough junk into it and it will automate your spam emails - which might appear to be of human enough source to make it through the filters.

7. scarshapedstar
    WTF?

Beautiful!

You can kinda make a game out of accepting every suggestion until you get bored.

"I'm not sure how I missed thee for this site and any information contained herein is strictly prohibited without prior written approval and shall expire when the user has posted a blog entry from me that was one of the most common and widely occurring phenomenon in terms of what to do when the weather warms and the snow is falling and the temperature of the water and the other is a new and improved version of the Macromedia Flash Player."

8. James 5
    Flame

If it can convert....

.. txt language into standard English it'll allow the txtng generation to create meaningful CVs. Which is probably a bad thing.

So it doesn't get my vote!

9. dervheid
    WTF?

if the results...

are anything like the audio on google translate, it'll last 5 minutes. Let's NOT have google 'deciding' what we want to say.

10. Mystic Megabyte

For Sale

One million monkeys - $10

One million typewriters - $10

11. Jonathan Rylands
    Grenade

WTF?

"There are no comments for this user yet and can not believe that there is anything you would not believe how much I loved them all and I'ma let you finish but Beyonce had one of these days I'll bet your life on the road today... I'm a get you something to do with themselves on and Youtube videos to your PC and your cell phone number entered and you expressly agree to receive promotional and account related text messages to him or herself into the seat of their pants."

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

This is nothing new

I'm positive management in my company has been using a similar tool to write policy announcements for the last ten years. It's just that now Google is providing a free version.

13. Mark McNeill
    Boffin

riverrun

past Eve and Adams, from swerve of shore to bend of bay, brings us by a commodius vicus of recirculation back to Howth, Castle and Environs. Sir Tristram, violer d'amores, fr'over the short sea, had passencore rearrived from North Armorica on this side the scraggy isthmus of Europe Minor to wielderfight his penisolate war; nor had topsawyer's rocks by the stream Oconee exaggerated themselse to Laurens County's giorgios while they went doublin their mumper

14. Anonymous Coward
    Alien

Now I Understand

Amanfrommars has been using this all along!

15. DJ 2
    Pint

Not the works of shakespere

But an automated amanfrommars

16. Ted Dannington

Here Is My Title, As Required

It's possible to get it stuck in an infinite loop, as I amusingly had it do to me yesterday. I still really don't see the point...

17. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

can we use this on IM clients too?

Are they trying to recreate whatever that AI reposonse engine was a few years back?

This topic is closed for new posts.