back to article Yahoo! begins ad handover to Microsoft

The Bingification of Yahoo! took another step forward Tuesday, when the transition of advertisers' search-based campaigns from Yahoo! Search Marketing to Microsoft adCenter got underway. "A combined Bing and Yahoo! will provide advertisers with a competitive alternative in search advertising, enabling advertisers to reach more …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Mark C Casey

And so..

And so begins Yahoo's march towards mediocrity and irrelevance.

That said, I suppose there's a valid argument they've been mediocre and irrelevant for years. I think the only time I use anything even related tangentially to Yahoo is the iPhone weather app which gets its data from yahoo. Since the beeb revamped their mobile website I tend to use that more (for weather results over the native iphone app) as it usually has better, more accurate and more detailed info.

1. Fluffykins Silver badge
      Alert

No! Yahoo! are! already! mediocre!

Why else would they have the need to push their fscking toolbar like malware; bundled as a preseleted install with applications that don't need it and are nothing to do with it.

Parasites

2. dssf

bingification... not me...

I only click that bing thing by mistake, and when i do, i back out or shut down the page so it hopefully doesn't count my acts as some loyal bing user. I then re-run my query in Google.

3. Deadly_NZ
    Go

Oh Well

I did not use it much anyway But I do have to say that Yahoo mail is worse than Hotmail for crap attacks So i only use em when i dont want to be mail bombed at home...

but yep search is still scroogle and FF with ghostery and google sharing enabled HAHAHA

I tried Bing once it's amazing how much microshaft has to do with death and dr who

L8Rs

4. Rogerborg

YaWho?

this->coat(get);

5. Goat Jam
    Paris Hilton

YAY!

Oh hold on, make that "meh" . . . .

6. Dr Christian

Somehow...

... I still can't trust a search engine called "Bing"

7. Charlie van Becelaere
    Alert

I! Could! Hardly!

read the article. The lack of exclamatory punctuation in the title caused me no little discomfort. Please be more careful in future Yahoo! related postings.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I use bing all of the time....

because it powers Microsofts 'change your default search provider' service, hence, I use it once for every new IE8 installation.....sucks to be counted that way.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like