back to article Little black dress with SIM card slot offered for 2011

A mobile phone built into a black dress? Marvellous. And with pictures too? Hold the science page for this one, but don't look too closely. CuteCircuit has announced a little black dress with a built-in mobile phone. It's all controlled with a wave of the arm and good to look at too. But while one might assume the announcement …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Hold the...err....phones...

To hell with the vapourware....the burning issue here is - who wears blue shoes with a black dress??? And silly too-high heels too???

Mine's the Paul Smith.

2. El Richard Thomas
    Thumb Up

Cue 300 comments mentioning...

...placement of the vibrate module

3. mafoo
    Joke

Happy slapping 2.0

Can't wait to see what happens when people are holding their palm up to their face, talking to it in public.

4. lglethal Silver badge
    Joke

Cutecircuit? really?

And according to the pic, it also allows you to fly! Amazing!

5. Rogerborg

Market fail

If it's in your dress, how are you supposed to lose it in your handbag? Typical phallocentric design.

6. Yet Another Anonymous coward Silver badge

Paris TNG

Underwear that tweets what/who you are doing ?

7. Steve X

If you're driving

does this count as hands-free?

8. JaitcH
    Unhappy

The Pentagon would likely find these very useful ...

for their new 'digital soldiers'. The challenge is making sure they are literate and able to actually read the button markings.

Read: < http://www.caliteracy.org/rates/ >.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Coat

Not Likely

Unless/Until the Pentagon and Congress repeal DADT, I doubt we will see soldiers running around in little black dresses any time soon.

9. Aristotles slow and dimwitted horse
    FAIL

Pointless

Given that one of the the few purposes of a woman is to give creedence to the maxim of style over substance, then surely this denies said female the opportunity to show how fashionable she is by having the latest in mobile handsets?

Mobile handset has so many uses for the modern gal... it can be put in handbag and ignored, set to vibrate and put down knickers if that's your thing, or set to ring really loudly as if to say "look at me everyone".

This dress is pointless.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

'This dress is pointless.'

Too true: there's no touchscreen.

10. Captain Save-a-ho
    Coat

Are they hiring antenna design engineers?

Just hoping you don't have to wear the clothes a certain way to avoid signal degradation issues...

Mine's the one with the Kung-Fu grip

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The eternal problem

"Yes, your arse does look big in that. No, its NOT the sim card or battery making it look big."

Also, will it have pre-programmed numbers dependant on the placement of hands?

Imagine the scene, the office letch and the bosses secretary, a stray hand here, a quick goose of the buttocks there and *ring ring* "sexual harassment hotline, how may we assist you?"

12. Anonymous Coward
    Pint

Reception

Am I the only one who would love to see what women would do trying to get better reception on they're dress?

Now off to the pub...

13. Darryl

Prior art

So to use this, the lady would have to wave her arm(s) around, then talk to her hand. I've seen at least a few people downtown who obviously are already wearing these devices.

14. RTNavy
    Paris Hilton

Charger?

Where does the charger unit connect?

15. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Batteries

It gives a whole new meaning to "D cup^Wcell batteries".

Mine's the one with the LiPoly codpiece, thanks.

16. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Obviously written by a man

And a geeky guy also. Black dress, yes. Little black dress, no. LBD would not have long sleeves.

Mine's the one with............ nope, still in summer mode, no coat yet.

17. Sceptic Tank Silver badge

Wardrobe

Will she have to wear the same dress every day?

18. Mike Hanna

Bluetooth Jackets for ages

I have a ski jacket with iPod controls built into the arm, using a little clicky nipple thing built into the wrist. I've had it for about five years, and a phone version has been out for about four years, with the microphone behind the popper at the top of the collar and the controls a series of pads up the forearm...

19. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Paris TNG

What would be the point of putting a geolocator in Paris' underwear - from what I can can gather it's famous mostly for being where she isn't?

20. Tigra 07
    Coat

Kinda cool, kinda stupid

This will be fun when you have to sit by the plug socket for 3 or 4 hours to charge your shirt.

Coming next week: Bluetooth underpants, Wifi enabled socks + GPS shoes

Mines the one with a built in Radio and PSP

1. Richard Laval
      Go

Not Wifi socks but RFID socks

Then there is a fighting chance of pairing up more than 10% of the sock collection.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like