back to article Cause of global warming found

A particularly astute individual has put two and two together to gain a major new insight into the cause of one of mankind's most pressing crises. Remarking that last month was the hottest March since the beginning of last century, the resident of Hot Springs, Arkansas, was quick to pinpoint the cause in a letter published by …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Irony? In Arkansas

It could be irony, but with all that's coming out of the USA recently, the odds are against it. The percentage of Americans who could pronounce it, spell it and know what irony means is a declining figure. Half the country runs on faith, not logic or knowledge.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

A Little Reasearch

Maybe you should check Snopes before taking things so seriously next time!

http://www.snopes.com/humor/letters/daylight.asp

3. Eric Grigg

What is the best thing to come out of Arkansas?

Route 40!

4. Eric Grigg

How do you know that the toothbrush was invented in Arkanses?

Because if it was invented anywhere else, it would have been called a "teethbrush"

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Arkansas

Just in case the rest of the world has not been familiarized with Arkansas, they should be aware that any conspiracy theories coming out of that particular location can generally be discarded.

It is very possibly that this theory originated from bottle of old home brew and a conversation with a tree on a hot day.

6. pondscum

Irony?

Why don`t Americans have a sense of humour?

Because they think irony is the same as silvery or coppery.

7. Dustin

..don't you think?

It's Ironic that I'm American and I think that's funny!

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

funny!

I think its hillarious...

Amazing what people believe in these days... particularly the global warming chaps. Biggest conspiracy ever.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

weren't they...???

Weren't they the same group that proposed sending the solar probe at night to keep it from burning up from the suns heat?

10. Gav

Here's your irony

What's ironic is that all those superior intellects explaining the writer's lack of irony, fail to notice that it is clearly not meant to be taken seriously.

This daylight savings joke is as old as time.

11. Andy

Jonathan Hammler

http://xkcd.com/c250.html

12. Bob Castleman

I think he's putting down us Yankees.

"It could be irony, but with all that's coming out of the USA recently, the odds are against it. The percentage of Americans who could pronounce it, spell it and know what irony means is a declining figure. Half the country runs on faith, not logic or knowledge."

Ah, yes. The delicous odor of intellectual honesty. No one across the pond paints with large strokes when decribing America. The Old World is too erudite and sophisticated for such sweeping generalizations.

note: This is sarcasm, seeing as irony is not in my arsenal of American humor I couldn't come up with anything ironic. Oops, there's a bit more sarcasm. Sorry.

This topic is closed for new posts.