back to article Facebook death lists spook Colombian town

The southwestern Colombian town of Puerto Asís is in a state of "panic and anxiety" after two death lists naming a total of 100 young people were posted on Facebook, warning them to get out of town within three days or face the consequences. The first list, featuring 69 males, appeared on 17 August, although two of those on it …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Lottie

Net savvy parents

I reckon it's net savvy parents teaming up to get the kids out of town for the weekend so they can have some alone time.

What? I'd do it!

2. Just Thinking

Took the list down?

Presumably the people doing the killing have a copy of the list. So taking it off Facebook just means that some people who are on the list might not know they need to get out of town?

3. Paul Naylor
    Boffin

Who remembers?

Who remembers the halcyon days when the interwebs only appealed to us geeks? When there were probably only about four sites in existence, you could have a proper conversation in a chatroom and none of this Web 2.0 malarky? Who's great idea was it to open it up to easily led Great Unwashed??

Sigh.

1. Asphy
      Unhappy

Personally I blame..

Compuserve! We were all happy on BBS's until compuserve came along.. then, choke, AOL and all its "OMGWTFBBQ!"'s.. the day those services opened up the gates to the intertubes was the day the sewage started flowing...

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

AOL

Arseholes On-Line

'nuff said.

4. HFoster

But why?

Was any reason cited for the warnings to get out of town? What were the motives behind the murders that have already happened?

5. Rodrigo Rollan
    Alert

Creepy

The state government secretary for Putumayo Department is called "Verdugo", Wich translates literally to Executioner. Nice touch.....

6. Bernard M. Orwell

There's.....

...a movie plot in this.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like