back to article Yahoo! search Bingified in US and Canada

Yahoo! has completed its transition from an in-house search infrastructure to Microsoft Bing platform in the US and Canada. Last week, the company said that it had begun moving its search back-end to Bing, and today, with a blog post, the company announced that the move is finished. "I am proud to announce that the transition …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Riches

Hoping they roll this out the the UK sooner rather than later. Yahoo has a higher search share than Bing and my websites rank higher in Bing than Yahoo. If I am correct in saying that search results will be the same over both platforms then the changeover = a decent increase in website traffic for me, which of course = more £ :-)

2. Raz

No title today with my fires, thanks, maybe tomorrow

"With this week’s milestone behind us, Yahoo! will continue to drive technology innovation in the search experience to bring more value to users and advertisers alike. We are focused on creating rich, immersive experiences that foster serendipitous discovery for people across the Yahoo! network."

"We are not capable of maintaining our own technology so we outsourced searching to Microsoft. We own now just a so-so user interface that was state of the art in the '90s."

Here, fixed it for you.

3. IDontLikeSpam
    WTF?

What immersive experience?

It's a search engine, I want search results that are relevant. Anything else is fluff that I ignore.

4. BornAcorn

Forget the search

I'd much rather they did their maps. As a Flickr user who likes to geotag on the map powered by Yahoo, their aerial coverage is beyond belief.

1. iamapizza
      Thumb Up

Re: Forget the search

This! I was hopeful When MS tried to buy Yahoo; Flickr would then get a decent map UI. Anything but Yahoo's maps!

5. Antti Roppola

So just what is it that Yahoo does now?

So Yahoo is just a fancy stylesheet on top of Bing, Hotmail and MS Virtual Earth?

That or it sure is looking a lot like Geocities.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Done with Yahoo

I'm done with Yahoo as of NOW. Bing is EVIL IMHO. The first time it came up on my screen I thought it was malware. I avoid Bing like the plague.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Who cares?

Every one will still google anyway.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like