back to article Penelope the Thunderbird

Actually, it was never quite clear why Qualcomm bought Eudora, the old market-leading email program, but it would have been quite understandable if it had been because it foresaw the growth in mobile email, and wanted to bundle something with BREW phones. But it seems that it wasn't. Qualcomm has now disposed of Eudora, it …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Simon

Stability

Thunderbird has been stable since v1.

I have seen more users having OE problems than Thunderbird problems. Don't spread your FUD just because Eudora users migrating means OE users might too.

2. Jason Holloway

On the other hand...

Conversely, Eudora users joining the Thunderbird community may create the self-sustaining ecosystem of developers that both need to survive.

It will be interesting to see how these two programs adapt to survive: will Eudora simply be dropped? Will TB be dropped? Will there be the expected cross-pollination of code and ideas? Will both continue to exist?

All I'm hoping for is a secure, reliable and easy-to-use mail client that does what I want/tell it to do, when I want it to.

Just my £0.02's worth.

3. Kim

Which is more stable?

>> "This will move Eudora users onto a more stable code platform - one that's being actively developed." <<

Has the code quality of Eudora slipped that far through the years?

When I last used Windows at home (back in the days of Win95), Eudora, easily my favourite E-Mail client at the time, was rock-solid.

This topic is closed for new posts.