back to article BOFH: Fishbowl this

"You want to WHAT?!?!" the PFY gasps, beating me to the draw by microseconds. "Move the computer room?" the Boss responds, surprised that there's any objection to his latest brainwave. "You've got to be kidding!" "Not at all," the Boss asks, still not aware of the enormous upheaval he's proposing. "I've been talking with …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Ian Ferguson

Hurray!

I was worried the BOFH was getting a little soft. I'm glad to see he's not forgotten the traditional problem-solving methods.

2. Dan

We need new UK Legislation

We should be allowed by law to deal with users, managers, and other annoyances in such a manner. In fact I have two project managers who are bugging me for information they can get themselves that could do with be fishbowled :)

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Wholly valid criticism

Whoever wants a computer room that's prone to flooding? Clearly this was a required test. Shame that the damp caused the door to expand and ... someone else finish this excuse?

4. Sam Spade

continuation of the excuse

Well, the damp floor means there is inadequate ventilation, so the ambient humidity of the room will increase significantly if there are any leaks, thus putting all of the units and not just the one closest to the leak at risk.

So really its no good, plus, the lack of sunshine will make us seem more like the hunchback rather than the suave creatures that we are.

5. Greg Nelson

Always Take The Move

Take the move, always take the move, and be accommodating about it. Moves create chaos, chaos creates opportunity. Records get lost, equipment gets lost, it's an opportunity to empty the closets of skeletons and start over with room to bury more. Not wanting to cause any trouble you encourage anything that expedites the move while blurring the details as to who took what where and when. Out with the old, in with the new. It's a golden opportunity to capitalize on the IT rule that bullshit baffles brains. Always take the move and be nice about it.

6. Mitchell Jones

Perks

And during the move some computer and/or equipment might go missing and the 60 inch plasma TV. Sometimes stuff just walks away and disappears into a "safer work environment". And some stuff gets relocated to the boss's office and a anonymous phone call to security.

This topic is closed for new posts.