back to article IBMer blames mistress for making him mis-talk

Robert Moffat, once tipped for the top job at IBM, has blamed his mistress for encouraging him to give her information which she used for insider dealing. He is facing securities fraud and conspiracy charges, and prosecutors are asking for a six month prison sentence. But Moffat's lawyers, speaking in mitigation, said …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

blink

While I appreciate that beauty is strictly in the eye of the beholder, "hedge fund hottie" seems not just crass, but inaccurate...

http://wwwcache.localtechwire.com/asset/opinion/2009/10/22/6258694/danielle_chiesi-512x346.jpg

1. Anonymous Coward
      Coat

Perhaps he meant to say..

Hedge Fund Hussy?

Yeah, i'll get my "hedged to the hilt" coat...

2. Graham Bartlett

Perfect man for the job

Shagging his way around based on his job title? Showing off with an "I know more than you do" attitude? He's a natural!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

You're a pillock then!

I hardly ever talk about work at home, not through paranoia but simply because my work in IT so utterly boring it would put most normal people to sleep!

4. Rogerborg

Wait, 155 years?

Sorry, into which orphanage did she crash a burning bus full of blind nuns?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

title

You'd only get 3 years for that.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It wusny me

A bad gurl done it and ran away!

6. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Give me a break!

"In a letter to the court Moffat said his crimes were not "driven by greed or the desire to profit", but that he wanted to "appear important and knowledgeable to show Ms. Chiesi that I was 'in the know' about important matters", AP reports."

Hmmm.

Ok so when you pay cash for sex, its prostitution, right? But what happens when you trade knowledge for sex?

C'mon. Moffat was an IBM exec. Their ego's are much larger than their penis. How do you not know that you're getting played? The simple truth is that at best, he knew he was getting played but didn't care. At worst... he's smarter than you think and he's got an offshore account with his profits stashed and its under the radar. (An IBM exec at his level is a global exec. He'd have plenty of options of when and how to stash the cash.)

Paris because she's known for her 'pillow talk'.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

He didn't pay for sex...

She was his mistress, not a prostitute. Read my boy, READ.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

Title required

I have to say, when I first read the transcript of the warrants, it looked to me like he was being manipulated by Danielle 'Hedge Fund Horror' Chiesi. And I don't even like the guy.

8. Smoking Man
    Thumb Down

Bad luck for him..

that he worked for IBM.

At HP, he would have received some 10 million $ before they guided him out.

9. Frumious Bandersnatch
    WTF?

played like a fish?

Sorry, I just don't get that. The closest I can think of is a swordfish trombone. And that's not a real musical instrument, is it? Or is it ... ?

10. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Hard to believe

That a real man could be led astray by any woman.... tsk tsk.....

11. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

quote: trading inside information was like an orgasm

"People who engage in insider trading are usually motivated by greed and power. Danielle Chiesi was motivated by sexual gratification, according to a story in Fortune this month" ..

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2010/07/danielle_chiesi_loves_sex_stoc.html

Now all we need is a transsexual subplot ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirty_Sexy_Money

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like