back to article Grass up romantic sadsacks for only $4.99 a month

Singletons forced to sit through excruciating blind dates can now report their experiences straight from their mobile phone, ensuring that no one else suffers. PlayerBlock, just launched in the US, allows you to register a comment, linked to the mobile phone number of the person you're reporting on, or check out someone you're …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

The only reason for this...

... is to get revenge on the person who owes you money. Won't pay? No problem I'll just blacklist you with the opposite sex.

2. Rob
    Coat

they havn't really thought that one out i think

So, you go on a blind date, get on really well, and as the reg says, you're not going to post a glowing report to attract competitors.

On the other hand, you go on a blind date, don't get on at all, and you are likely to post a crappy report about them.

So where, how, when & why would anyone ever post a good report about someone? -unless it's more about serial dating, or swinging or something, maybe i'm missing something and that's why i'm single...

3. Anonymous Coward
    Heart

re: The only reason for this...

I love that idea of revenge on people who owe you, Mycho.

I can picture a price list and associated comments:

Amount owed: £10

Comment: Tipped badly, coughed without covering his mouth at dinner.

Amount owed: £100

Comment: Rude, arrogant, and obnoxious. Made racist comments over lunch. Asked if I liked it doggy style.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Why do I get the feeling

... there's a bunch of lawyers greedily rubbing their hands together at this very moment, ready to make money from the thousands of defamation lawsuits sure to follow...

5. Bill Fresher
    Jobs Halo

Excellent.

I'll get another mobile, register with that and send glowing reports about myself on my main number. "Hands off, he's mine!".

6. Rick
    Joke

Benjamin Barry and Andie Anderson would be glad

Ben: That's what I was, huh? I was your guinea pig, somebody you can test your theories on.

Andie: And I was just a girl somebody picked out in a bar

Ben: Yeah, so what, big deal? Hell, now you can even use it as a little twist in your story

Andie: That's a good idea, maybe we should bet on it

Ben: You know what, you did your job now Andie

Andie: Yes I did

Ben: You wanted to lose a guy in 10 days, congratulations you did it. You just lost him

Andie: No I didn't Ben, cause you can't lose something you never had!

7. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

@Tony Chandler

huh? I always ask if they like it doggy style on the 1st date. You need to know these things early on!

8. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Of course

You have to do it doggy style if they are throwing up. I'm just saying is all.

coat not needed

9. Adrian Esdaile
    Happy

@ "You have to do it doggy style if they are throwing up. I'm just saying is all."

That gets the 'sort-tea-out-my-nose' award.

10. Pascal Monett Silver badge

So they post personal phone numbers on the web ?

Isn't that somewhat illegal ?

I hope they've thought this thing out and checked with a lawyer because I think there's going to be loads of lawsuits in every direction once the sewerage hits the fan.

And it will. Whenever you deal with people, you can count on it.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

This could be an invaluable service.

I've dated many women that I wish someone had warned me about beforehand.

One girl I met online and invited to a social event.

She turned up late wearing a dress about four sizes too small for her, drank a 20-quid bottle of wine in a minute flat and popped a handful of pills in the limo en-route to the venue.

On arrival she slipped and fell on all fours in front of the other guests while entering the building and her shouting 'anyone want a quick-one while I'm down here' did nothing to ease their disapproval.

Once inside she talked through all the speeches, danced and sang wildly during the musical interludes, berated all the other guests for being 'as much fun as a kick in the slipper', swore, smoked, drank from a hip-flask, propositioned three of my male relatives, threw-up over my aunt Lucy and ended the event by punching the host for 'looking at me funny and wearing a poofy dress, like'.

All in all she was responsible for the worst experience I've ever had at a family funeral.

12. sarah

@ "This could be an invaluable service. "

Hmmm maybe you deserved it for taking her to a funeral on a first date?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like