back to article LG Cookie breaks into UK

LG Electronics has launched the Cookie Series, a range of brightly coloured phones aimed at the youf generation. Each Cookie comes with a touchscreen QWERTY keyboard, which claims to allow "easy texting without the bulk of a physical keyboard". Hmm, does anyone actually prefer touchscreen typing? As with many phones aimed at …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I prefer touchscreen typing.

On the X6, I turn the device sideways and type that way. It took a bit of getting used to, but my thumbs are slowly getting the hang of it. I prefer it to a "portrait" style physical keyboard at the bottom of the handset.

1. ThomH

Yes, me too

I prefer it because it's just as easy and accurate as typing on the sort of keyboard you can fit onto a phone without needing a device that is anywhere near as bulky.

2. Lottie

another for touchscreen

I hate using my thumbs for typing on phones so my X10s onscreen keyboard is wonderful for typing with a finger.

I doubt I'll ever go back to a physical keyboard now.

2. Dan 55 Silver badge
    Unhappy

Had a look at one, a bit meh

Camera's got a lot of noise on it, voice quality is not what you expect from a modern phone (a bottom of the range 1000 series Nokia beats it), takes too long to find coverage after losing it, the main menu screen is something that makes you miss a Series 60 phone.

3. Stuart Halliday
    Thumb Down

LG don't get it

Unfortunately LG vis one of those sad Eastern companies that simply don't get it.

We don't want a modern phone with resistive touch screens, a UI that can't keep up with the user and its UI is totally brain dead designed so to irritate Western users constantly.

(Why would LG put a gallery function on its phones that doesn't display the image in full screen mode for example?).

I assume it must be a Western/Eastern culture thing or otherwise LG isn't giving the prototypes to Beta/Gamma users to test drive.

No wonder people buy the iPhone or an Android.

I'll never buy another LG.

1. Giles Jones Gold badge

Maybe they do get it?

Maybe they do? I'm sure these phones are cheap to make and cheap RRP.

Adults may buy something better, but parents buying for their kids will balk at the cost of an Android phone or iPhone.

4. steogede

LG Cookie? is this new?

I bought one at Carphone Warehouse last November.

5. dciso

KP500?

Thats a little silly considering the KP500/KP501 was released about a year and it's known as the cookie.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like