back to article AMD Radeon HD 2900 XTX tested on web

Two days ago, AMD's upcoming ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT was given an early and unscheduled trip through the latest benchmarking software. Now it's the turn of the Radeon HD 2900 XTX. Website DailyTech took a sample of the XTX card with a core clock of 750MHz and 1GB of GDDR 4 clocked to 2020MHz and ran it against an Nvidia GeForce …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Louis Wells

AMD who?

Doesn't spell good news for those at AMD, shame really as we now know the wait for the R600 isn't justified. Even with updated drivers the 8800GTX is going to take some beating.

2. Craig Collier

nvidia owns everyone

i'm actually very surprised at these results. If they do in fact reveal a near enough picture of how it will perform, then AMD has a problem on its hands.

With 320 unified shader thingamebobs, compared to the 128 on the 8800- and the higher clock speeds to the nvidian core, it seems that the R600 really isn't all that...

I'm an nvidia fan through and through, and it will take a lot for me to switch - this isn't enough if these benches are anything to go by.

3. Tom

ati ahem amd

i loved my old x700pro it had a better picture quality than my 7900gs which got better at high resolutions, its a pity that ati cards are lacking the oomph these days. im happy with my 8800gts now which easilly plays every game i throw at it at 1920x1200 with all the settings maxed out

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like