back to article Microsoft strikes Salesforce patent payola

Salesforce.com is paying good money to make Microsoft's patent infringement lawsuit go away, Redmond has said. In a strangely worded statement from Microsoft on Wednesday announcing a patent-licensing settlement with Salesforce, Microsoft has slyly said that while the contents of the companies' agreement have not been …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

This is making me sick

All this tit for tat patent sueing is making me sick to the back teeth with this industry.

It is people like me, the end customer, that ends up suffering as everyone tries to bleed everyone else dry over pathetically worded patents.

2. Aussie Brusader
    Thumb Down

The real winners in this are

The lawyers...

I spose it does keep them off the streets.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

That is not a good thing

I'd looove to have them on the streets. My car has just been outfitted with a 'roo catcher in the event that a target presents itself...

3. Lou Gosselin

Software patents are evil

Instead of rehashing the arguments again, let me just suggest that we should have a "no software patents" icon.

4. Mark C Casey

You know the saying

If you can't innovate, litigate.

(Surely it's time to update some of the reg pics? We need a pic of Ballmer throwing a chair or something since Gates isn't in charge of MS any more)

5. mhenriday
    Thumb Down

Agree with Lou Gosselin -

a «no software patents icon» is de rigueur ; my thumb is getting awfully tired !...

Henri

6. g e
    Troll

There is the Troll icon...

Patent trolling? One in an Armani suit perhaps?

7. Dave 52
    Unhappy

And so it has happened...

MS is no longer able to innovate, and has been forced to play patent bully to earn its dollars. Quote Windows and Office all you like, but this is the beginning to the end. MS is turning into a glorified patent troll.

8. Geoff Mackenzie

They're paying us, but we won't say how much

25 cents.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like