back to article T-Mobile UK pumps out the iPhone 4

Last month, we reported T-Mobile UK's price-plans for the iPhone 4. Today the telco start shipping the iphone, and has come in with lower tariffs . T-Mobile UK starts pumping out the iPhone 4 to customers, along with lower tariffs than originally planned. With the most tariffs, the handset is £50 cheaper than first announced …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Test Man
    FAIL

Still rubbish

I mean look at their internet allowance - 500MB a month? It's AWFUL. Should be 1GB minimum.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Err,

what's an iPhone?

3. Mark Jan
    Thumb Up

Hope The Tariffs Stay Shit

T-Mobile have a decent data connection most of the time so hopefully their shit iPhone tariffs will dissuade most fanbois from choosing the T-Mobile network hence keeping the network speed decent for the rest of us.

Since it can't reliably be used as a phone, what else but buggering up the data network will the iPhoneFlaw be used for?

1. Seb123
      FAIL

Where?

In some parts of London perhaps, otherwise I've found T-mobile to have the worst coverage in the UK. This is certainly true for the South and the South-West.

2. SeaneyC
      Happy

Selfish but I feel the same way too

I have had smartphones on T-Mobile for about 5 years now, (HTC WinMos mainly, but recently iPhone 3G and 4) and consistently get better connections for data than my friends stuck on stupidly long contracts on o2, so anything that puts users off the better.

I'm still paying less than £25 a month for £120 of calls and texts, plus 3GB of internet including tethering, and a free upgrade phone every year I can sell. Long live Flex-T WnW plus with F&F discount!

Signal is a bit rubbish in some areas (Main culprit is Brighton, GF lives there but she has crap signal on o2 too) but as I spend most of my time in cities i've never had any real problems.

Wonder what will happen when all the Orange and T-Mobile tower merging is finished, hope it goes the way of T-Mo and not the other way, we have Orange at work and all we have is problems.

4. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

£60 a month for a broken phone

erm...

5. Nanki Poo
    Linux

Whoa

That's about it really... pricey and all plans 24 months!

Got my Desire free on £30pm 600min/500txt/3Gb booster/free T-Mobile calls 18 months.

Sounds like I got a bargain!

nK

1. Anonymous Coward
      Linux

Re: Whoa

Just got my desire, same deal but 24 months, I should probably played hard ball but then I've always kept my phones for about 3 years so not really a problem. I have to say the desire is very nice, can't say I've got much work done yet today, I can see myself draining the battery with google goggles :)

2. Steve Mason

Desire...

It's the monthly cost that put me off (aside from the usual control issues ;) )... Desire cost £17pcm over 18 months and £100 for the handset. Considering mazuma were offering £94 for my old handset (N85 p.o.s) - that's essentially a free handset for a bargain monthly payment. Not a very heavy user so the free minutes/texts bundle with 750MB data is a steal!

6. Mitch Kent
    Jobs Halo

More iPhone bull

I know it's probably gonna get repeated ad nauseum, but hopefully eventually someone will listen.

Just because it's ... <i>The iPhone</> ... Doesn't mean something as arbitrary as middling price points are considered news?

Yes, I know I didn't *have* to read the article, but the title didn't really sell it as jsut regurgitating a tariff...

7. DB2k

3 launched today too

8. Arctic fox
    WTF?

Unspecified deity on a prosthetic!

Those prices, OMG! Haven't lived in the UK for 12 years (if you take a look at my handle you can make a fair guess about where I live) and have not kept up with the developments in telecom pricing. Where I am I get the equivalent to 250 min free and 5 Gb for about 30 quid. The UK has a much larger market with (one would suppose) much greater competition, how in hell are they getting away with prices like that?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like