back to article Motorola Milestone XT720

Motorola's original Milestone, along with the Dext last year, proved to the world that Motorola was back, back, back after a period in the wilderness when it was struggling to keep up with the innovations of other manufacturers. Building on those phones' success, this Android 2.1 device has a distinctive new look and includes an …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Trevor_Pott Gold badge
    Unhappy

Neat toy...

...so we'll see them in Canada just after the US or the EU gets their first Android 3 phones.

*sigh*

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

regarding battery life

It would have been a more useful review if you'd also had a go at installing Juicedefender and running it. Android power management is hopelessly tentative by default- every Android user that I know uses Juicedefender or something like it to tighten up the power management.

I know you shouldn't have to- but being pragmatic, this is one of the few major downsides of the otherwise splendid Android platform. Without it, my HTC Desire is out of steam before I am heading home, with it, I'm on 40% battery when it's time for sleep.

3. Serrio

It's probably worth mentioning:

You make no mention of whether or not this variant of the Milestone sports the same signed bootchain as the regular Milestone, preventing users from using custom ROMs.

What you should have mentioned is Motorola's absolutely abysmal track record for getting Android updates to phones in a timely manner. Their flagship, the Verizon branded Droid still doesn't have 2.2, and they're deliberately dragging their feet over confirming if the nigh-identical Milestone will get it at all.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like