back to article Apple delays white iPhone 4 - again

Apple still can't work out how to mass-produce an iPhone 4 coloured white and has now delayed the handset - again - until "later this year". To, say, 1 October? That's the day after Apple's free case offer for the black iPhone 4 runs out. The black model is the only iPhone 4 variant available so it is, by default, the iPhone 4 …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Returning iPhone

"and wouldn't for a minute suggest you take your iPhone 4 back, get your full refund"

Why not? It's not fit for purpose (regardless of what the Appletards say).

Get your money back and buy a phone the not only works correctly, but does not make you look like a Twwwaaaaatttttt when seen carrying it.

2. Pavlovs well trained dog

tut tut

and you wonder why Apple don't like you lot

cynical lot that you are

3. Select * From Handle
    Alert

do it!!

"Pure speculation on our part, of course, and wouldn't for a minute suggest you take your iPhone 4 back, get your full refund so you can place a new order for the white model - or whatever Apple releases or re-releases after the otherwise oddly arbitrary date of 30 September 2010"

maybe you wont suggest it but i deffinatly will!

take ya iphone 4's back! why would apple delay and then release another broken model if they were not going to fix it?

1. Lance 3

But

They have had issues with the white plastic discoloring. Releasing a fixed model would only add to the lawsuit. Every iPhoney 4 buyer will be quite displeased with Apple and so would the carriers. Locked into a 2-year agreement with a defective phone that Apple released a new model a few months later to resolve.

4. JaitcH
    Jobs Horns

"wouldn't for a minute suggest you take your iPhone 4..."

Great idea, just make sure you use a variant of your name and address or get a different family member to buy the object p say it's for a gift.

Dishonest? Maybe, but far less so than selling phones that don't work.

1. Annihilator
      WTF?

Cloak and dagger

Sorry, what's the need for the cloak and dagger approach? Or do you think once you've returned an iPhone you are henceforth banished from the Apple store?

5. Steve Mason
    FAIL

sarcasm?

appears lost in the world these days

6. DEAD4EVER
    FAIL

iphone white

makes no difference even if they fix the antenna issue on the white model everyone has the black one with the issue. heh something tells me apples doing this on purpose so no one is able to return there iphone and replace it with the white model so there delaying it for as long as possible. il wait for a better android phone to come to the uk least there open and not locked down.

1. koncordski
      Headmaster

@ dead4ever

Their, There & They're exist, go back to school and learn which one to use, corrected below.

'...return their iphone....'

'...come to the uk, at least they're open....'

Am I the only person that finds this annoying?

1. HaplessPoet
        Thumb Up

No you're not!

I agree with your point.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Oddly arbitrary?

September 30 is the end of a fiscal quarter for Apple, when they must report their results to the Securities and Exchange Commission, the media, the fanbois, and El Reg. Of course they wouldn't want losses associated with all those free bumpers to carry over into the Xmas quarter.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Horns

They can't fix it

If they change the design for the white version, then they have admitted that there is a design flaw. Then all the stuff they have been spouting about it being the users fault and all phones suffer the same problem is shown to be bullshit.

9. Arctic fox
    Paris Hilton

Make you a small bet that....

......the edge of the phone will be white all the way round and that white layer (whatever it is) will, purely by coincidence, have insulating properties.

10. This post has been deleted by its author

11. Steve Hodson

There is no way...

...Apple will revise the hardware. Even if they do it without telling anyone, the 'secret' wouldn't stand up to 5 minutes scrutiny. and the class action lawsuit (in the States) would be moments behind it!

*Unless* :-) they intend to fix everything previously sold...and I believe this is already address with "...And Bumpers for All"

There is little doubt (in most people's mind) that this is clearly a case where Apple chose form over function.......many say that's Apple always does but it's usually BS Apple hate.

Me? I love my iPhone4....and it's $4.99 direct from China condom ;-)

12. Eponymous Howard
    Black Helicopters

You might...

...want to learn how FCC testing works... (clue: it is publicly notifiable).

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Discolouring

You'd have thought Apple of all companies would be able to make something from shiny white plastic without discolouring issues. They've been doing it for years.

14. Jean-Paul

What a bunch of ....

As Eponymous Howard says...You lot are a bunch of silly old woman, nothing better than a good gossip about nothing. Wouldn't be so sad if you actually had a clue what you are talking about, but this is just pathetic...

What's next Apple the evil empire has got the FCC in their pocket, lie to all their shareholders and on their filing and sneak this through? Why just belief someone when you can make up a crap story he...

15. FarmerBob
    Pint

And I see you drank all your KoolAid.

What flavor was it, "Blackberry"?

16. ZillaOfManilla
    Jobs Horns

September,

But theres no time to make lots of money on the current model only to drop the price and make it the lesser model.

If a new phoen is due in September they will get a lot of angry early adopters of the 4G.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like