back to article Samsung woos developers with Bada book

Samsung has decided to give away electronic copies of An Introduction To Bada, hoping that a free guide will drum up some developer interest in the platform. The book, the only one on Bada so far, isn't even due to be published until September, but Samsung will send it free in instalments to anyone who's interested, as part of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Matthew Smith

Is Bada for phones only?

Samsung have a range of interactive TVs that contain other services built in and they have the selling point of allowing more applications to be added. Will a bada developer also be able to create for TVs too?

2. npupp 1

They could woo me

... with a free phone :D

3. Chimombi

It's lower case 'b' for 'bada'

Bill, we'll send you a free copy to review ;)

4. Gabriele Bozzi
    Jobs Halo

It's just the first part out of four,,

This is what I read on Wiley's website: "Sign up today to receive the first chapter in a 4-part series from ‘Introduction to bada: "

It's not clear if the following three chapters will be offered for free as well.

Anyway, regarding Samsung relevancy: don't forget that we live on the "other half" of this planet. If Samsung is strong worldwide, it's even stronger in Asia and they have plans:

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-06-21/samsung-aims-to-double-its-smartphone-market-share-update1-.html

Don't underestimate them.

5. borkbork
    Thumb Down

I was considering a wave

The hardware is good, and reasonably priced. Unfortunately their bada app store policy bans VOIP applications, so bollocks to that, they've just lost me as a customer.

http://www.badadev.com/list-of-banned-applications-in-samsungapps-store/

6. Charlie Clark Silver badge
    Thumb Up

Good luck to them

I'm very happy with the Wave. The OS seems sound enough and apps are appearing even if most of them provide little utility. Good documentation is essential for any developer platform and more details about how Bada (all proper names are capitalised, Chimombi) will be welcomed.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like