back to article Police charge stripogram cop impersonator

A 24-year-old stripogram has been charged with wearing police uniform and equipment in the street, the BBC reports. Aberdeen uni genetics student Stuart Kennedy, who supplements his grant by getting his kit off for cash, was spotted by two real Boys in Blue in Aberdeen's Bon Accord Street on 17 March, while en route to a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Dillon Pyron

Velcro?

Do the police uniforms have velcro on the inseams? (Or is that outseams? I've never seen the "policeman" stripper, only the nurse).

2. John A Blackley

Probably will

I fear our beamish boy will find himself in court at last. With his enterprise and the gyratory nature of his employment while dressed as a copper, he'll have to be done for Making The Force Look Like A Shower of Lazy B******'s

3. voshkin

good

The law is there for the right reason.

I can just picture some eastern-European “neckless” gentlemen perpetrating some kind of confidence fraud, dressed as police offers – and when challenged, saying that they are in fact strippers, and proving it by dancing to the tune of “you can leave your hat on” – with the real officers saying “all right then” and driving off to arrest council tax dodgers.

4. Andy Bright

Yep

and besides only female strippers are allowed to wear cop uniforms.. male strippers are supposed to wear tuxedos.. I thought everyone knew that.

Should be sentenced to an extra 10 years just for breaking stripper etiquette.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Re: Yep

Nope, female strippers aren't allowed to wear cop uniforms either, they just generally get half an hour to talk their way out of arrest in a shady carpark.

6. Aubry Thonon

"reality" of uniform

The bottom line is; Police are primarily recognisable from their uniforms. And considering the amount of power they hold over ordinary citizens, it is understandable they wish to "trademark" their image.

As such, it has long been made illegal to wear a uniform (police/military/whatever) which is not immediately identifiable as not being the local version. So, for example, it would be OK for a US citizen in the USA to wear an Australian Police Uniform... no-one is going to believe he/she has "jurisdiction". Just don't try to do the same in Oz (wear the US uniform instead ^_^ ).

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Waste of resources

Outrageous. The police obviously find it much too difficult to catch real criminals, so instead they criminalise people having a bit of fun. Meanwhile the drug dealers and burglars of Aberdeen go on unchallenged.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Oh Dear!

The stupidity of the Police never ceases to surprise.

This force is so far up it's own PC (sic) backside it arrests and charges a student who has 'STRIPPER' emblazoned where 'POLICE' is usually shown on a uniform!

They really don't know how to prevent themselves becoming a laughing stock.

Oh, no ... I got that wrong. They DO know how to do that ... by shooting chair-leg carrying people or Brazilian electricians.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Did he have to repeat his strip routine as well?

If so, you've got your answer. Must have been a slow day..

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Re: Oh Dear!

He didn't have 'stripper' written on his back. He had 'POLICE'. Full, real, police gear and not some knock off stripper fake uniform.

The police arn't wasting time and money. It's a serious offense. I'd be pretty pissed if I approached an officer in full uniform for help and he just went 'lol i'm a stripper'

This topic is closed for new posts.