back to article Google switches on Buzz firehose

Google’s Buzz firehose trickled into action yesterday when the company opened up its data stream to developers. The world’s largest ad broker has teamed up with Collecta, Gnip, Superfeedr, OneRiot and Postrank Analytics in an undisclosed launch deal to help splatter coders’ apps with Buzz using an API that Google debuted in …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Eddy Ito

Makes no difference

Either firehose or urine stream, I'm not taking a sip of that koolaid.

2. Code Monkey

Google

Why do I have this need to go and check my privacy settings again?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I don't need to check my privacy settings.

I deleted my gmail account immediately after the Buzz 'launch' clusterf*ck.

3. xperroni
    Flame

A pitty, really

I think it's really a pity that Buzz got all that bad rep early on, and now it's mainly used as a relay for twits and blog updates. I have been using it for a while, and I really appreciate its "microblogging for non-ADHD's" approach. It could certainly borrow a couple ideas from Blogger (tags and inline images come to mind), but overall it's the most productive publishing tool I've used ever since I became a netizen.

Now let the flames begin!

4. The BigYin

Buzz?

Do people use that? I thought it had died a death like Wave. Unless people use that too and I am getting left behind the new HTML5CC3Web2.0 tsunami of innovation.

1. karolbe
      Thumb Up

Actually I know a lot of people who use Buzz

And it doesn't suck like Twitter or Facebook.

5. Mike Flugennock
    Grenade

would that be like a stream of bat's piss...?

as in shining out like a shaft of gold while all around is dark?

6. nickrw
    Go

But when...

When will they switch on buzz for google apps users? When will I be given the opportunity to look at it once, lock down the privacy settings and never use it again?

I feel like I'm missing out here!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like