back to article Russians quizzed over parasailing donkey

Russian police are less than impressed with the instigators of a parasailing donkey stunt which saw an innocent beast of burden hauled into the skies to promote a private beach on the Sea of Azov. According to AFP, several Russian businessmen decided it was a bright idea to use a flying donkey to advertise their stretch of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous John

First?

With the obligatory "Playmobil reconstruction or it didn't happen" request.

2. John 4

Heres a video

Much better than those two images

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEep5BrexT0

1. Flugal

Man alive!

I am desperately trying to reconcile my need to giggle like a child with my abhorrence of animal cruelty.

The video IS essential viewing though.

3. Tigra 07

Didn't they cover this in Shrek?

"Russians quizzed over parasailing donkey

Asinine aerial stunt ends in police probe"

I believe you mean "Assinine"

1. Geezer
      Headmaster

@Tigra

I believe you need a dictionary.

1. Tigra 07
        FAIL

@Geezer

I believe you need a thesaurus.

Ass, as in Donkey

1. Neil T
          FAIL

@Tigra07

Correction Fail.

asinine - adj:

1. foolish, unintelligent, or silly; stupid

2. of or like an ass

It was already a pun before you tried to make it one. Which was Geezer's point.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Boffin

Suspect snap...

One of them certainly seems suspect - the parachute is different between the pictures. My money is on the blurry one as being more likely to be the real one!

5. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Clearly nobody bothers to read the credits...

"© Сollage by RIA Novosti"

Collage. Not photograph. Collage.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

*chortle*

Who really thought that would be a good idea?

I wouldn't have liked to be underneath a terrified donkey though. Could've been a short sharp shower of... something.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

After a 3-way split everything seems a good idea.

После того как сообразили на троих...

Translation : "After we have had it a 3-way split ..."

Context: In Russia drinking alone is traditionally considered as a sure sign of alcoholism. So in order to feel as "I am not really an alcoholic" the local drinking population used to split a Stoli between 3 people. Surreal sight - one person stops by the shop door, takes a glass out of a bag or out of a pocket, couple of minutes, another stops by and not a word is said. Once the critical mass has been reached a third one is around in a jiffie. Once again, without saying a word all 3 go inside the shop, buy a bottle, fill up the glasses and down them.

So after "having a 3-way split organized" having a donkey fly definitely looked like a very good idea...

7. Lottie
    Coat

Apologies in advance,

but they were originally going to use a horse in the stunt. However, when they asked the animal, it said Neigh!

I'll get me coat

8. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Bray-ve donkey

As title

9. Anonymous Coward
    Badgers

Typically Russian....

Making an ASS of a marketing stunt...

<(should be Equines!)

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Looks like...

...the donkey's having a whale of a time ^_^

11. Nigel Brown
    Joke

Awful pun alert

I hope someone's ass is on the line over this stunt..................

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

What comes around goes around

THey should take the men who did this and hand them by their balls and put them up parasailing!!!!!

12. Graham Lockley

International Relations ?

This obviously an attempt to improve relations between Russia and Spain.....

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

poor donkey

why would they want to sue his ass?

14. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

poor donkey

why would they want to sue the ass?

1. Sarah Bee (Written by Reg staff)

Re: poor donkey

Loving the 'ass' jokes everyone! Keep it up!

15. Billy 7
    Happy

I haven't laughed so much in ages

It's probably not PC, but this story has really tickled my sense of humour.

1. Sarah Bee (Written by Reg staff)

Re: I haven't laughed so much in ages

What's wrong with you?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Happy

doesn't get out much

'nuff said.

16. Blake St. Claire

half dead?

I always wondered how you measure that.

Is it similar to "sort of pregnant"?

Are you sure it wasn't 75% dead? Or 83.145% dead?

Inquiring and enquiring minds want to know.

Oh yeah, @Tigra 07, get a better dictionary or spell checker, yours is borken.

1. Irp

Re: half dead?

You want to speak to Max, he deals with levels of deadness

Half Dead is less Dead than Mostly Dead. Simples. Probably needs a lesser miracle to correct

2. Tigra 07
      Headmaster

@Blake St. Claire

Ass = Donkey

Buy a thesaurus

17. David Edwards
    Joke

Simple misunderstanding.

The misunderstood the brief. The creative director said.

"I want a hot girl in a bikkini with her ass in the air"

18. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Let the people who did this

Para sail while being hung by their testicles and see if they like it or not.

Wankers.

19. Velv
    Paris Hilton

PARIS ?

Maybe the next target payload for PARIS ?

Or who knows, maybe even Paris ? (although it could be neither photographed nor recreated in Playmobil)

20. Kev 4
    Coat

As BA would say...

"I pity the mule..."

21. uksysadmin
    Coat

As BA would say...

"I pity the mule..."

22. Bryce 2
    Joke

What an Ass

I wonder how long they muled it over for. I also wonder where they burroed the chute from, perhaps Jenny or Neddy. Don't be maud, just making some jokes about that Rocky Mountain Canary!

Don't ass-ume my incorrect spellings are not done on purpose!

23. Rob Beard
    Thumb Up

I won't believe it until...

... I hear it from the horse's mouth.

Rob

24. Winkypop Silver badge
    Unhappy

Asshats

These dickheads need to be sent parasailing by their nads!!

25. Graham Bartlett
    Paris Hilton

Can't believe no-one's said it yet

Director: "I want a parascender that's hung like a donkey..."

Paris, because she knows all about how it hangs. And about being a bit of ass. And about being a bit of an ass too.

26. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Ass-tounding

It's quite ass-tonishing how someone ass-umed this was a good idea. Ass-ide from the distr-ass of the animal, why would this make people go to a beach? "Come to our beach, we will bray-zenly abuse animals for your amusement!" What kind of a pony-and-trap idea is that?

Damned ass-holes.

Having said all that, had they dressed a red-headed midget with a huge moustache up as Yosemite Sam and had it bouncing around on the animal whilst shouting "Yah! Yah! Yah mule! Yah!", that would have been great marketing.

27. MinionZero
    FAIL

The Internet does keep showing an incredible capacity ...

... to highlight the contempt some people have for most life around them. It makes me think the more the Internet continues to do this, the more the horrific attitudes of some people are going to be exposed for the world and so all societies to see. So while its horrific to see, I think its going to force society to learn.

So before anyone else tries to laugh at this news, just stop and think first about what some people in society expect you to laugh at because just think about the frankly absolute terror that poor animal has suffered moment by moment, not knowing what is happening to it and yet the poor animal was subjected to being held up for half an hour and so kept in a state of pure and continuous horrific terror!. Plus if that isn't bad enough we also have to add in the issue of how fragile the legs are on most members of the horse family, so its a wonder they didn't break its legs on take off or landing, yet these organisers prove through their own actions that they show absolutely no consideration or empathy what so ever for any of this. That extreme lack of empathy is a very clear warning sign.

Narcissists I'm sure will continue to try to promote the idea its good and funny to subject absolute terror onto another living thing, (and they will attempt to belittle anyone who says differently, because they too wish to continue to subject horror and terror onto others, simply because it makes them feel powerful over others) plus then we also have their bullied followers who feel nervously compelled to laugh along with the Narcissists, because to stop laughing invites the wrath of the Narcissists down unto them, who wish to laugh and continue their rain of terror on to others (which is frankly psychological abuse and yes it really is society being subjected to psychological abuse by the Narcissists which ends up biasing society towards the wishes of the Narcissists. History has repeatedly shown the horrors for all when Narcissistic attitudes are allowed to dominate in a society which is why its so important to stop these people influencing society).

So whilst the Internet is horrific from time to time to witness news such as this, I think the Internet does have a very important good role to play in finally highlighting the trouble makers in society who cause so much harm to others. (Me saying this won't wipe the smile off the Narcissists faces, but their own actions will continue to help isolate them from their followers).

The lack of empathy shown in that video is horrific yet at least the lack of empathy of Narcissists in this news helps highlight their attitudes as a warning to us all. Hopefully finally the human race can learn to see through these people, because its the only way we will all help create a better world for all of us by finally seeing through and so stopping this minority of horrific trouble makers in society. So I think its very important the news continues to highlight news like this, because each bit of news on the Internet is helping us all to see more clearly and closer than ever before how some people behave towards all life including other people.

1. It wasnt me
      Thumb Down

Really....

Get of your high horse.

28. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Wankers...

That's all. Nothing funny, because it's just not. May they succumb to a slow degenerative disease sooner rather than later.

29. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

asses

I'd like to shoot each one of those worthless bags of body organs in the face. there's no place for those types on this planet. unfortunately they're everywhere. living proof a god doesn't exist.

1. Anonymous Coward
      FAIL

Ejit

Been telling you that all along.

30. Graham Bartlett

Some more

Onlooker: "I shouted and shouted. By the time the donkey came down, I was a little hoarse."

Parascending bloke: "It's perfectly safe. It's just equestrian of using strong enough straps."

(OK, that last one was reaching a bit.)

31. Matt 13

title

maybe he has been asking for it... working the beach for years, giving excited kids and fat tourists rides.... always looking to the skies at the crazy people flying... one day, as he rested in his little tin hut, he dared to dream, to wish that he could join the elite and soar across the skies...

the next day.. those dreams came true!!!

whatever the story, its worked... how many parasail agencies did you know exisited by the sea of Azov??!!

32. Ball boy Silver badge

This fence hurts

But it does allow me to sit - very precariously I admit - between thinking this was kind of funny (in the same vein as finding Darwin Awards funny) and shocked that anything like this could be done by mankind.

Granted, Darwinians are a self-inflicted lot and that excuses any number of giggles about their state of mind but hold on: where do we all sit with the early space flights? Who here found shooting a monkey or dog to into space amusing? My money's on both of those creatures suffering the odd OMG moment, too, so something only cruel when it serves no purpose *we* identify with?

I'm not condoning it - simply offering an alternative view that we, collectively, might not have considered.

33. Anonymous John

Ttle

Great ass-ortment of comments here.

34. proto-robbie
    Megaphone

@MinionZero: Whoa there

Amongst the passenger pigeon, bison, foie gras, woolly mammoth, fashion and cosmetic industries, Pacific Gyre, dodo, communism and capitalism (amid other fine examples of our kindness to animals or each other) this poor donkey rates about 0.001 out of 10, and definitely isn't worth five whole paragraphs.

Chill man, you ain't going to fix it: better pray for an assteroid!

35. Charley 1
    WTF?

Why does this remind me of

WKRP's Turkey Drop episode?

http://ballhype.com/video/wkrp_turkey_drop/

"This man must be stopped, before he promotes again."

36. Witty username

This calls for

The ironic punishment division!

tie the people responsible to weather balloons, and let them float about at X ammount of feet (anyone want to chip in how high they go?) for a bit!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like