back to article Advent MT22 21.5in touchscreen all-in-one desktop

Although best known for its low cost PCs and laptops, Advent does occasionally produce slightly more interesting models. Its new MT22 all-in-one PC is a case in point, and follows on from previous attempts such as the AIO-100 and AIO-156. Advent MT22 Advent’s MT22: finger friendly all-in-one Based around a 21.5in …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Giles Jones Gold badge

Looks ok until...

Until you see that awful logo on the front.

Couldn't they have stuck a nice low key logo on the back instead?

I do wonder who these things are targetted at, desktop sales are a small fraction of computer sales these days.

1. Matt 13

exactly what i thought...

A lot of the time, less is more! especially when it comes to logos... Im no designer, but even I can see that mirror glued on the front is just plain awful! 'advent' stenciled in a non-obtrusive font and colour in a corner would have upped the classyness no end!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

But....

You'd have to go to Dixons Retail PLC store (PCW et all) to buy one.....need i say more?

3. Anton Ivanov
    Thumb Up

A few bits missing in the review

Is the PS built in or it uses a dead rat (there is something that looks like a dead rat receptacle on the "ports" picture)? What is the power consumption at full blast?

I have a 7 year old Compaq Laptop doing the "pacifier" duties for the rear seats in the car at the moment (http://foswiki.sigsegv.cx/bin/view/Net/DebianEvo110 ) and an all-in one touchscreen will be a good replacement once it goes to the great scrapheap in the sky.

While the bezel may look b*** ugly for a desktop it provides the necessary space to fix this to a harness so it can be hooked up to the back of a car seat. It looks like polycarbonate so it should be possible to drill it, glue it or otherwise vandalise it for this purpose. It also has an nvidia card and not an Intel anti-video so at least some games will work good enough to keep the rear seat occupants happy on a 9h trip across Europe :)

1. Anonymous Coward
      Grenade

Huh?

A £600 touchscreen PC to entertain the blighters? What's wrong with I Spy or numberplate bingo? Kids don't know they're born these days.

4. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Being an Advent...

It'll melt / catch fire / be made out of recyled pastic cups and have no spares available. Just like every other thing they make.

Anon, well you know....

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like