back to article I own Facebook, claims New York fuel salesman

Facebook has branded claims by a New York man that Mark Zuckerberg owes him 84 per cent of the firm "frivolous". Paul Ceglia, of Wellsville, has filed a complaint at Allegany County Supreme Court alleging he and Zuckerberg entered into a website design contract in 2003. According to the suit, the resulting website launched in …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. John Tserkezis

Yep.

"However, Ceglia has his own legal problems currently. In December the New York Attorney General took out a restraining order against his company, which markets wood pellet fuel. Authorities claim he lied and repeatedly took customers' money then failed to deliver goods or refunds"

So he would fit into the Facebook crowd nicely then?

2. lglethal Silver badge
    Joke

Wow i want that contract

You get 50% PLUS 1% for every day YOUR late.

I would have held out for at least 2 months! You could walk away with the whole company!

1. bolccg
      Thumb Down

Um

I think Zuckerberg was designing the site for this dude and it was basically a fine for him delivering it late?

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

If you are going to stress...

If you are going to stress 'YOUR' [sic], then at least have a think about what kind of your/yore/you're you are going to need.

Hint: You're. Or, or even "YOU'RE".

3. Jon Double Nice

'Wood pellet fuel'

Wouldn't that just be 'wood'?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Flame

For certain values of 'wood'

It's probably pellets of compressed sawdust. That puts it on the level of chipboard, fibreboard or paper, not what people normally think of as wood even if that's what they started out as.

1. JohnG

Wood Pellets

The point of wood pellets as fuel is that, in conjunction with a suitable boiler and feed system, pellets of a fixed size can be delivered and burnt automatically. It is an alternative to oil for heating in areas where mains gas is unavailable.

4. Anonymous John

I own Facebook.

And so does my wife.

5. The Fuzzy Wotnot
    Thumb Up

My name's Spart...hold on, wrong film!

Hmmm

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Still waiting to hear ...

... their response to my complaint about stealing my ideas from afacebook.com, thisfacebook.com and somefacebook.com.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

oh yeah

this reminds me, I accidentally left a big pile of money in Mark's wallet. I guess I'll be having that back now.

1. Mark 65

re:oh yeah

Are you a venture capitalist then?

8. LuMan
    Joke

Here's another..

So, he lied, repeatedly took money and refused to refund.

Let's call it 'iFacebook!'

9. Just Thinking

50% maybe

but asking for 84% is just greedy

10. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

The law firm?

Shyster, Charlatan, Mousebat and Spong?

And that's just for Facebook.

11. John Angelico
    Joke

Reminds me of...

...the very old advert for Eveready Gold batteries.

Today I power ALL OF ZIS...

and tomorrow ZE VORLD!!

12. Sean Timarco Baggaley
    Grenade

Dear Messrs. Shyster & Partners: please buy a thesaurus.

Here are some alternative suggestions for use in place of "vigorously":

Strenuously, powerfully, forcefully, spiritedly, determinedly, aggressively, two-fistedly (best applied in Peckham or Catford), with drive, eagerly, zealously, fanatically, ardently, fervently, vehemently, passionately; robustly, thoroughly, and bluntly.

Astonishing though it may seem, you'll find thesaurus features included for free—or, as you legal types prefer, "without additional fees, retainers, royalties or other remuneration"—in your word-processing application. Some computers, such as Macs, have one built into the system itself.

Yr. ob. srvnt.,

Col. Artichoke Crustmustard. (Retd.)

1. Sarah Bee (Written by Reg staff)

Re: Dear Messrs. Shyster & Partners: please buy a thesaurus.

What's wrong with 'vigorously'? If you're going to be a pedant, I suggest you go after the things that are actually wrong first. That'll keep you busy.

13. Ken 16 Silver badge
    Grenade

If Facebook isn't enough

I know someone who'll sell him UNIX

14. Graham Marsden
    Badgers

I own Facebook...

... and the Brooklyn Bridge, because someone sold it to me and wrote the bill of sale on the back of a post card of it!!

15. Will Godfrey Silver badge
    Happy

Well Well

I don't see this as a bad thing. Maybe they should take FrontsurfaceBoundmulti-leafprint * down while the whole issue is thrashed out in the US courts. SCO?

* copyright protection

16. Martin Usher
    Gates Horns

There might even be something in this one...

The tale of Facebook is one of those things where someone hired someone to write some code to do a "Facebook-like" website, then someone may or may not have delivered it, figuring out that maybe they could do a whole lot better with the idea, made up the product and went on to fame and fortune.

Its not an unusual tale in the murk of startups. My understanding is it was one of those QD-DOS/Microsoft things but with a lot less attention to the legal niceities, which given the current book value of Facebook's going to make for a legal pig-out.

Oh well, makes a change from "SCO, the (zombie) company that wouldn't die....". Maybe it'll give Groklaw something new and interesting to do.

17. Adrian Esdaile

Now that you own Facebook...

I've got this bridge you might like as well, conveniently located in New York City!

18. Version 1.0 Silver badge
    Thumb Up

He can have it

Please, Please, take Facebook - maybe he can convert all those stock certificates into wood pellets and sort out his other problems.

Looks like a win-win situation to me.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like