back to article Oracle bricks up BI customers

Hot on the heels of EMC buying business intelligence (BI) vendor Greenplum, Oracle has released Business Intelligence 11g, putting another brick in the wall of its integrated software products. As part of the effort to persuade customers not to buy third-party appliances to run analytics on Oracle-sourced data, BI 11g has been …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

Yes but you should see the gaffa tape underneath

The problem with oracle is that they have swallowed so many BI products they are choking on integrating them all.

There is still shitloads of gaffa tape, toilet rolls and sticky back plastic underneath. So much so that there is still no upgrade path for Unix users on 10.3.4.x

1. mrpink
      Thumb Up

Oracle Frees Companies

Not quite what experience you have with Oracle, but as a customer I've been able to quickly and easily integrate O applications with our existing architecture - a lot of which includes legacy. I've saved around 300k in the last 4 months. I welcome the new product.. Fusion M is what is leading the industry.

1. Gordon 10

OBIEE & EPM Integration

Im specifically talking about the integration of the OBIEE components with the EPM (maily ex Hyperion) components such as Essbase.

2. kevin elliott
    FAIL

Create a mess, then brag about a locked in solution

Yup, Oracle have done that. Talk about spin.

All I can say is: SAS

3. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

standard treat.

"This document is for informational purposes only and may not be incorporated into a contract or agreement."

standard oracle, they have it in any doc they produce, or in plain english: "ready to s***w you whenever it suits".

just look at historical price for weblogic since they took over BEA.

ac

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

All these huge companies...

buying businesses to create further lock-in when the world trying to move away from vendor lock-in. Hubris, me thinks.

Any IT lead that buys into this kind of lock-in, well, should fired for incompetence. Although, these decisions are often executive, so they should be fire for incompetence. Hell just Fire them all.

1. Gordon 10

Easy to sit and pontificate

When they buy products that are near the top of the game performance and feature wise Vendor lock in is just a minor quibble in the scheme of things.

Have you ever been involved in enterprise software purchasing or are you just a FOSSboi?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like