back to article Delhi's deputy mayor killed by monkeys

Delhi's deputy mayor SS Bajwa died yesterday as a result of "serious head injuries" after falling from his first-floor terrace while attempting to fight off a pack of wild monkeys, the BBC reports. The unfortunate incident on Saturday highlights Delhi's ongoing battle against the monkey hordes which "invade government complexes …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Senor Beavis
    Stop

Ever increasing monkey sizes

So what happens then the langur monkeys run amok? Find larger and more ferocious species and so on until we end up with King Kong harassing the inhabitants of Delhi.

Perhaps we could have that face-off with the Godzilla they're genetically engineering in Tokyo...

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/10/15/dino_skull_dig/comments/

2. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Probably the work of evil Doctor Pork Chop

Where are Buzz and Woody when you need them.

(If only all inept politicians would meet such an ironic demise)

3. Antony
    Joke

Boris Johnson for mayor of London

Boris Johnson for mayor of London, nuff said

4. Mountford D
    Alien

Large monkeys

"Find larger and more ferocious species and so on until we end up with King Kong"

No need. The species known as Homo Sapiens is easily found everywhere in great numbers.

5. Daniel Bennett
    Coat

Hmmmm

What a load of bananas!

6. Trevor Watt
    Alert

Who's back yard is it anyway?

Considering the fact that the monkeys were there first, it is not so much a case of a monkey being in your back yard as you being in the monkey's front yard.

7. Daniel Hutty
    Alert

Sounds like a great plan

So to combat the problem of a monkey invasion, they're training them to fight?

Nope, can't see aproblem there...

8. Chris Collins

heathen snipers

What they need are filthy atheists or some kind of heathen who don't hold such beliefs and have them armed as night-time knacker men. That way they could perform the removal tasks without those of a delicate nature being alerted to the monkey apocalypse at their doorstep. They could then sell them back to the locals in pies or kebabs, thus completing the holy circle of life.

9. Andrew Campbell
    Coat

Heston would have handled it differently.

Get your hands of me you dirty appppeeeeeeeee.......

Thud.

10. Robert McCracken
    Coat

I'm ashamed of you all.

Just send in Chuck Noris.

I'll just get my cloak, pointy hat and thats my broom to the left.

11. This post has been deleted by its author

12. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

MAD

Its Monkey Assured Destruction again

Duck & Cover

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

King Kong

Gorilla warfare.

14. Curtis W. Rendon
    Alert

Huh?

He died from falling off a *first floor* terrace ???

15. El Veg

Re: Huh?

Yes, first floor terrace up one floor from the ground floor. telldodo: paper sugar departure

16. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Wing-ed Monkeys

First Floor?

fly my pretties! ;)

17. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Re: Huh?

American vs British English problem.

The First Floor in America is known as the Ground Floor in Britain. Bear that in mind when you visit here Curtis or you'll have to walk down the stairs when the lift (elevator) stops on the first floor when you are trying to get to the ground :-)

18. kain preacher

The First Floor in America is known as the Ground Floor

not always . Some times the first floor is the lobby :)

19. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

first floor is not the first

floor the sky is down etc you are supposed to know all this. Also journalists think slipping and falling off a balcony whilst trying to shoo away monkeys means they killed him instead of his just being clumsy. I have been seeing this headline for days editors are a bunch of complete fucktards for running it as news.

20. Dion R
    Flame

Andrew Symonds?

Well, you smelly buggers, don't come asking to borrow Andrew Symonds when you need that bigger monkey.....Dheli... why don't u live up to the name, and have a few end up in ur Deli's?

Nuff said...

21. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Employable at last!

To whom it may concern in Delhi INDJA,

(or what ever you people call it these days):

Can we possibly book your performing monkeys for a for an American Congressional and White House gig/tour?

We have lots of balconies available, mostly 2nd floor or higher, and lots of dance wax!

HELP!

This topic is closed for new posts.