back to article Apple bans fraudulent developer from iTunes

Apple has confirmed that iTunes accounts were compromised to make fraudulent purchases, and has banned the developer at the centre of the scam. Thuat Nguyen managed to briefly push 42 of his releases into the top 50 book apps in the US iTunes Store last week, triggering suspicions of foul play. After earlier suspending the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. lglethal Silver badge
    WTF?

What a dumbass!

Im sorry but did he really think no one would notice when all of a sudden 42 of his releases suddenly made it into the top 50? What a plonker!

If he had slowly and steadily over the course of a few months brought his releases then no one would probably have noticed... *Disclaimer - i naturally dont condone this*

But what an Utter Twit!

2. Thomas 18
    FAIL

Macs, they just work...

FOR THE BAD GUYS!

1. John I'm only dancing
      FAIL

Half wit

In all probablility, the probable phishing attack was aimed at Windows (L) users rather than Macs. I suspect you are a troll and the number in your handle probably refers to your IQ.

The i-Tunes store is platform agnostic. It doesn't care what your OS is, just send your money there.

3. Robin

(untitled)

What a Thuat.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I avoided the whole plot

by not owning an iPhone.

1. James O'Brien
      Thumb Down

You forget

Its not just for iPhones anymore.

5. Velv
    Jobs Horns

Apple FAIL

"If your credit card or iTunes password is stolen and used on iTunes we recommend that you contact your financial institution and inquire about cancelling the card and issuing a chargeback for any unauthorised transactions,"

Apple - TOTAL FAIL

Most decent retailers AUTOMATICALLY reverse transactions they know are fraudulent. If they know the 400 accounts and the purchase details it would be VERY EASY to reverse without the user raising the issue with their bank or credit card.

By requiring the user to submit a claim via their bank, Apple is just hanging on to the profits it has made from these fraudulent transactions. They are essentially complicit in the crime.

Perhaps another Class Action lawsuit against iTunes is required!

6. D. Suse
    Jobs Horns

Apple -- deny everything!

Apple seems to be good at denying everything, and at not supporting people who are unfortunate enough to become its customers.

Notice that they are not offering to refund the funds lost though THEIR marketing service, Itunes. People are left to quibble with their credit card companies, and if more than 24 hrs have past, most of them are now stuck paying for the fraudulent apps.

Also notice that Apple absorbed 30% of the sales of these fraudulent apps, and is not even offering to refund their "proceeds from crime", so to speak.

This, and the handling of the over-priced Iphone 4 antenna/prox sensor/screen, etc. fiasco ("just hold it a different way" "just buy a bumper case from us" "just don't use it near a window") show Apple to be a company that is concerned with only one thing -- obtaining and keeping your money.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like