back to article Verizon iPhone set for January touchdown?

"Stop us if you've heard this one before: there's a new report that Verizon may soon offer Apple's iPhone, ending AT&T's US exclusivity for the überpopular handset." That's the opening sentence of a Reg article from exactly one week ago. And it works equally well for the news item you're reading right now. This Tuesday, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. mlo0352
    Unhappy

Competition

I wonder...if Verizon DID get the iPhone, that would mean that it would be selling two competing lines of phones...I wonder if they would just stop selling Android based devices...I feel like Apple would likely demand them to do so...

1. D@v3

i wouldn't have thought so

O2 in the UK was the exclusive holder of the iphone up until near the end of the 3GS reign, and they also offer a number of android handsets ,as do most (all?) of the other 'major' networks in the UK, which are now, or soon will be, offering the iphone4

2. Gene Cash Silver badge
    Stop

Even more skeptical

Don't forget, Verizon uses that ancient CDMA crap, meaning you can't browse & talk at the same time, which seems to be a big part of the iPhone ads.

3. donot needtono

cash flow will fund upgrade???

seems like everyone thinks adding 3 million users using 10GB each per month will just happen, ATT granted not my fav, but when first I-phone launched few believed that the network load would be as large as it was... pants down ATT.......Verizon will not use CDMA and will not repeat ATT mistakes( we hope)

Network Verizon for I-phone it will be LTE. Besides cell site equip upgrade, the backhaul will require fiber to each cell site to handle LTE's 30-50Mbit per device speed... no worries 40Billion will not be enough for the Verizon upgrade. ATT spent 30+B. still not enough. thats why the ATT data limit was imposed

23million users 55.00 average rev's add up to 1.265billion per month ..... cash flow will fund upgrade??? late 2011 or 2012. all the delays aren't the device . it's the network stupid

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Just sticky the story

The Reg should just sticky this story. It pops up pretty much every week. Eventually it will be true.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like