back to article Maude calls for public choice on open data

Cabinet Office minister Francis Maude has invited the public to comment on what government data sets should be released. He said the move is part of the effort to define clear principles for the implementation of the transparency agenda across the public sector. The announcement came after the first meeting of the Public …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Peter 51
    Black Helicopters

Maps

Ordnance Survey Maps. Release them, I dare you.

2. dogged
    Go

The list is not endless, but quite large

Full MP's accounts, filed every year

Which "consulting houses" civil servants are using and how much they spend

A full breakdown of the REAL cost of PFI

Who gets hired from industry/commerce

Who leaves to go to industry/commerce

Which companies are involved in the above two items (I want that revolving door closed, now!)

Full salaries, names addresses and telephone numbers of everyone currently on or appointed to a publicly funded quango.

A breakdown of the assets of the National Trust/English Heritage/the RSPCA (all of whom are truly in the business of raising money and pissing people off).

I could go on but I need coffee.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

@dogged

Full disclosure on the RSPCA?

I think tranqilisers would be more appropriate than coffee.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

@ac

The RSPCA are one of the fake charities, all of which should have their funding exposed.

2. dogged
        Thumb Up

Howso?

It's semi-publicly funded - so is the Beeb, but they already publish their accounts - and frankly, these days it's in the business of self-perpetuation via cruelty to animals.

Found a neglected pony? Excellent! A few sympathetic photoshoots means the RSPCA "Inspectors" with their faux-police uniforms and burning wish to carry a gun or at least a taser can be employed for another year.

I think they need public examination in order to prove worthy of that Royal warrant.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Special criteria?

Google needs to buy a licence to use the data. An expensive licence - a very expensive licence.

4. willowtoo

Lobbyists

Is it really lobbyists ?

Anyway, how about the list of all the representations made in an attempt to influence policy. Like the story just a few lines down on the RSS feed. http://go.theregister.com/feed/www.reghardware.com/2010/06/28/games_tax_break_killer_claim/

How much more useful to know cui bono in advance.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Free the Postcode Database

and free up everything the OGC produce. Unleash the Dogs of Competition.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Postcode Database

Agreed.

Get it out of the hand of those tards at Royal Mail.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like