back to article US lawmakers grill Apple on location tracking changes

US lawmakers are grilling Steve Jobs over recent tweaks to Apple's privacy policy allowing the company and its partners to collect and share "precise location data" of all iTunes and App Store customers. US Representatives Edward J. Markey and Joe Barton, the co-chairs of the House Bi-Partisan Privacy Caucus, sent a letter to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Ammaross Danan
    Jobs Horns

The Reply

The reply to such a letter will most likely be written and sent from "sjobs@apple.com" and be simply this bit of wisdom:

It will be safe. Trust Me.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

bwahahahaa

i am laughing beecause all the fan boys are now screwed and are officially welcomed into 1984 club. so does any one want their apple fix?

3. famousringo
    Joke

Strategic investment

Apple should consider dipping its toes into the finance or energy industries. That would get all these regulatory bodies off its back.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Boffin

What about wiretapping laws?

It runs afoul of those too.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Re: Congressional questions

My toys, my rules. No big deal.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone

6. Chas
    FAIL

Bothered by this?

Then just turn off Location Services. No one is forcing you to reveal your location data, unlike Android!

=:~)

7. Trevor_Pott Gold badge

Pesky congresscrittters

Dear Congresscritter,

Please open the manila envelope on your desk and turn to page 13. As you can clearly see from the exhibits on pages 13 through 27, this matter will be conclusively settled to Apple’s satisfaction and benefit.

Thank you,

Apple Strategic Relations.

8. lucmars

Get a gizmo and...

...be owned.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Horns

we know where you are, there's an app for that

I can see it now,

I'll be strolling through the park catching up on my most recently downloaded music video, when suddenly a pop up will scream:

"Joe's Italian Ice cream counter is just 14.45577 meters away`! Why not pop in for a cool refreshing cornetto! If it ain't from Joe's, it ain't been froze.

Your current location is "GPS coordinates"

Current temperature at your location 37°C.

Apple's master plan for its users and its eventual world domination of the hand held device market has finally been unveiled. I'd say that even google will miss this one. It's almost cool.

But as one poster rightly pointed, turn off the location finder if you don't like or don't use it. Right Steve ?

Hello... Hello.... Steve... where are you? And why have you turned off your IPhone?

10. kain preacher

Psssssssst

Chas you can turn it off in the Android too. Check out settings and privacy .

This topic is closed for new posts.