back to article US cyber-combat Top Gun training details emerge

Details are emerging of the training programme that will produce the US military's new elite corps of cyberwarfare operatives. According to a Department of Defense statement, the undergraduate cyber training course for career field 17DX "cyber operations officers" in the US Air Force was launched last week at Keesler airforce …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

US RahRah Force (USRRF)

..doing their training.

Meanwhile the real guys at FtMeade do the hard work.

2. The BigYin
    FAIL

Hmmm....

...this is the same country that doesn't understand basic security and can be owned by one bloke with a nervous tick and a few scripts?

IIRC the upper 15% of a turd is still turd.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

@The BigYin

Well it's almost 8.5 years since they stopped Gary Mackinnon's quest for UFOs - a little longer than the interval between Kennedy's "We choose the Moon" speech and "one giant leap for mankind". So it's not unreasonable to hope that they've somewhat got A into G in the meantime

1. The BigYin

@Mongo

Don't hold yer breath. It's 20 (almost 30?) years since Stoll's book and they are STILL making the same mistakes! The exact same ones that McKinnon exploited.

So no, I do not think they got their A into G. I reckon they can't tell their A from their E.

3. Electro Boy
    Thumb Up

Screaming Fist??

Awesome.......but I hope the Russian EMP weapons are kinder to them than they were to Colonel Corto.

1. Combat Wombat
      Joke

So where can I hire...

Molly Millions ?

Sexy yet deadly razor girl..

I want my distopian future now damnit !

4. Anonymous Coward
    Heart

One could easily conclude from this and various other stories...

...that the USA - as a whole - needs to let go, get some good ole fashioned oats more often and deal with this unhealthy need to dominate everyone else.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Unhappy

@AC 15:05 - Si vis pacem, para bellum

Though clumsily expressed here by those self-interested Pentagon folk, through millennia of worrying the human race has yet to dispense with "If you wish for peace, prepare for war"

[while not of course disregarding the myriad of other useful diplomatic and social things that may help you rub along with other nations, but keeping some kind of stick in the cupboard will serve you well a while yet]

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

'Active Defence'

I just love the terms the US military industry come up with for plain old attacking anything that looks or sounds a bit funny. I saw a fighter aircraft advertised in a trade mag boasting about its advanced 'defence suppression capability'. Someone really needs to explain the concept of 'irony' to these people - if they ever got it, they'd keep themselves entertained for years.

6. not.known@this.address
    Coat

Air VICE Marshall

Mine's the one with the rulebook for 'Spads and Fokkers' in the pocket...

7. Anonymous Coward
    Terminator

Cyber Warfare Training Program

Can't wait until that shit gets leaked!

8. Sudragon
    Thumb Up

Top geek?

Leaks hell. Whats'd the movie going to be like?

9. Sudragon
    Thumb Up

Top Geek? A Geek and a Gentleman?

Leaks hell. I'm waiting for the movie!

This topic is closed for new posts.