back to article Kim Jong-Il in radish inspection shocker

The Telegraph has today answered those most pressing questions of the age: just what does Kim Jong-Il inspecting a radish look like, and when he inspects a radish, what conclusion can be drawn from the encounter? Kim Jong-Il inspects radish on Telegraph front page That conclusion, the paper explains, is that experts have …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Ronn1e
    Jobs Halo

Kim Jong-Il is a Hero

Don't forget that the first time that Kim played football he managed to take on the whole England squad rip up Terry and Rio with his eye's closed and score a goal by doing a bicycle kick. That was just the first goal from his ha-trick. That's what I heard anyway. What a legend. Oh and his hole in one that he got on his first game of golf.

2. Winkypop Silver badge
    Joke

Old Kim Jong-Il looks a bit..

..laddish in that shot !

3. TeeCee Gold badge
    Alert

That's a radish?

Holy crap! It doesn't bear thinking about the serious case of the nadgers that just one of those could cause.

The little round ones are quite capable of bringing on a fair old bout of musical tummy after all.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Wow!

Just one of these could cause more destruction that either of his nuclear weapons.

And heaven only knows how powerful they'd be mixed with kimchi (think nerve gas without any of the pleasant aspects).

4. Anomalous Cowturd
    Coat

Solenote...

As I type, the Norks have just had a football lesson from Portugal. 7- 0

Wouldn't like to be in their coats when they get home!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Happy

Definitely

Brings a whole new meaning to "sudden death playoffs" and "groups of death" doesn't it?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Those radish

only look huge because the nutter holding them is 3-foot-6 tall.....

Anon because they're everywhere.....(nutters)

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

McFood

Maybe he's thinking "Glad they don't serve this at McDonalds"

7. Mos Eisley Spaceport
    Pirate

Training camp?

Surely you mean the Great-Leader 1 Nuclear Plant?

There's some dodgy gene sequencing going on there...

8. Jake Rialto 1
    Big Brother

Rumour has it

That the North Korean goalie has applied for political asylum.....In the Algarve....It was recieved yesterday...the stamp said '"pre-approved"...whatever that is....

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

i'm wondering...

...Why anyone who gets out of nk and realizes that, hey, economy cars aren't just for military leaders after all, -wouldn't- do everything possible to avoid going back. Seeing the state of the outside world for real must put a hurtin' on the great leader's propaganda in a real hurry...

9. disgruntled yank

Give the Norks a break

After all, it was shown a couple of cups ago that scoring an own goal was a capital offense in Colombia.

10. Paul Woodhouse

urghhh.... Kimchi....

that stuffs lethal... the Missus is banned from putting it in the fridge now cos it stinks the whole house up for days...

11. jinty
    Joke

Caption competition?

Soldier: so solly fol semi-elect ladish, sir.

12. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Re-education

Perhaps we could send the England football team to North Korea for 're-education' (although in the case of Rooney, it would be the first education he has actually received).

13. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Norks

Please stop using the word "Nork" in relation to North Korea.

I turned here expecting to see something about Bulgarian airbags and got Kin-Jong-Il instead.

1. M Gale
      Badgers

Re: Norks

"I turned here expecting to see something about Bulgarian airbags and got Kin-Jong-Il instead."

Well he IS a bit of a tit, and about as in-touch with reality.

14. Joe User

Re: That's a radish?

This is what happens when your nuclear experiments keep leaking radiation....

15. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Sorry

Everytime I see a picture of that guy or read a story about him I can only see the rittle guy from Team Amercia

"I'm so Rooney"

16. John Savard
    Happy

Ivory Coast

I have no doubt that North Korean TV will be running a certain clip of Brazil's game against the Ivory Coast to show what horrible brutes the North Korean team was facing in their first game.

Remember the TV show "Is Your Brain Really Necessary?", which showed that perfectly normal people had brains left hollow by an accumulation of fluid during a certain portion of early development? What if this condition could be induced... and then the fluid removed at the opportune moment, leading to a cranium filled with richly convoluted grey matter?

And there have also been impressive results in treating cichlid fish with lithium chloride in early development.

What isolated country, ruled by a leader not bound by ordinary rules of ethics, would experiment with such techniques on human beings, in hopes of artificially creating a super-brained genius who could invent world-conquering weapons for it?

I think the West should be alert to this danger, and start testing these techniques now on chimpanzees, so that once they're proven safe and effective, and we can use them somewhat ethically on people, at least we won't be too far behind North Korea!

17. CaptSmegHead
    Grenade

KABOOM !!!!!!!!

"experts have suggested that North Korea's entire military machine is fuelled by radishes" and consequently the lighting of matches has been prohibited inside all tents and enclosed areas.

18. 2FishInATank
    Coat

Obligatory....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh_9QhRzJEs

I know, I know....

19. Adrian Esdaile
    Joke

Caption Competition:

Staff sergeant say radish look like me... Staff sergeant just volunteered to test manually-triggered nukular bomb.

20. John Savard

Yes, It Is a Radish

Googling for pictures of radishes, I saw that they were spherical and perhaps an inch or two in diameter, contrasting with the image, as some posters noted. But further searching for different varieties of radish turned up a winter radish, called the "China Rose", which has a somewhat longer planting cycle than some other varieties, and corresponds roughly to the image.

Closely related to this Chinese variety of radish is a Korean variety, the Diakon, which is known to the Japanese as the Kowari radish (a Kowari is a small furry animal, though, so don't just ask for a Kowari). This could be what we're seeing in the photograph, but images I have seen of that variety of radish show it as having a white color, and being slimmer than those in the picture.

So presumably, they grow more than one kind of radish in North Korea, and these are China Rose radishes that he is inspecting: this variety is even grown in the United States.

The Italian Candle of Fire radish looks a bit like this kind of radish as well: although it's considerably slimmer, at least it's the right color.

21. mhenriday
    Thumb Down

Is this sort of satire

really El Reg's metier ? Not particularly relevant, I suggest, to its techie readers, but popular, perhaps, with the politically correct phalange who need their understanding of who's the current bête noire reinforced....

Henri

This topic is closed for new posts.