back to article Ten Essential... iPad Games

It’s hard to pick out a ‘top ten’ list of iPad games as new titles are being released on a daily basis. Not surprisingly, most of these first-generation games are straightforward conversions of existing iPhone games, with long-lasting chart-toppers such as Angry Birds and Plants Vs Zombies featuring strongly. One thing to bear …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. LuMan
    Thumb Up

Looking good

I'll probably never buy one, but a chap at work brought his in and I thought it was actually really cool. The accellerometer-thingamy-jig works better than I thought and the driving game was as responsive as the one on my Wii. Obviously this thread will now be inundated with anti-fanbois droning on about how useless and stupid iPad owners are for getting one, but each to their own, I suppose.

A thumbs up from me 'cos I thought it was fun (so there!).

2. Jay 2
    Thumb Up

Flight Control HD

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/flight-control-hd/id363727129?mt=8

http://firemint.com/?page_id=1134

This was on the demo model I had my first iPad play on last week. Easy to play and very addictive.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

essential?

Is there really anything essential about an iPad? Sorry couldn't help myself, I have finally outgrown buying stuff because it is cool that is all.

1. aThingOrTwo

iPad is…

iPad is part of a new wave of devices which will transform computing as we know it.

And Android and MeeGo devices will follow. And they may add some things and do some things differently but the overall ideas will be the same:

Mobile, always connected, always responsive, context aware, thin, light, never hot, never noisy.

Pull your head out from the sand: it's not about Apple or “being cool” or “fanboys”. All that stuff is irrelevant. This is computing, in the 21st century.

2. dave 93

The games are cheap though...

"£7.49 seems a bit steep"

Really? Getting decent, modern games for that price is new, isn't it?

4. solarcore
    Thumb Up

Eleventh Essential iPad Game - Double Across

We really think our game Double Across should be added to this list. It's a word game akin to scrabble that lets you play against interesting literary personalities like William Shakespeare, Mark Twain, Jules Verne, and Jane Austen. The game is very fun and the graphics are amazing.

Cortis Clark

Developer of Double Across

5. bdegrande

Plants vs. Zombies HD

Plants vs Zombies HD has a LOT more content that the iPhone version. It has only one new minigame which doesn't exist in the PC/Mac versions, but the iPhone version has NO minigames, just the ability to replay levels. Also, the HD version includes six survival modes including unlimited, none of which are on the iPhone version, which improves replayability a lot, so there is much more than just improved graphics.

6. Outcast !!!

WHAT?

Wait wait, since when games are essential?

1. Martin Huizing
      Happy

@ What?

I think the article meant to imply essential for gamers.

But before you dis all games, give 'perfect circle' a try. It really helps me relax and calm down. (score of 925 and screenshot to prove it). It is definitely an essential game in my books.

2. Citizen Kaned

errr

since when [sic] fun became more important than work.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like