back to article Google code hints at Chrome OS Dellbook

It looks like Dell will join Acer and HP in offering netbooks based on Google's Chrome OS sometime this fall. Dell isn't among the official Chrome OS partners named by Google, but as noticed by Download Squad, the code repository for Chromium OS — the open source incarnation of Chrome OS — includes some rather conspicuous bits …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Peter Gathercole Silver badge
    Flame

FFS, How much do we trust Google

Cloud applications, cloud storage and now cloud printing.

Just hope "Do No Evil" never changes. I would hate for a serious commercially sensitive or security document to be snooped while it is passing through the Google print servers because someone knows no better about how their computer talks to their printer. Such information could be worth very large amounts of money.

An just think if a glitch ends up sending it to someone else's printer entirely!

2. Chris Hatfield

Oh great, an OS based on a web browser

*yawn*

3. lucmars

That becomes a little bit confusing

So, that's not Android?

4. Ismael

Why Google Print?

I mean, come on! If I have a printer right next to me, in the same network, why on hell would I send a document to the google servers so they can scan it, put some ads, and then give it to the printer do finally... print. The direct way is not faster, better and safer?

I was sceptic about all the soothsayers who screamed at their lungs that Google was bent do take it all to the internetz, and dominate and control everything, and eat our babies while whe where sleeping...

But now, I say: GOOGLE IS BENT TO TAKE EVERYTHING TO THE INTERNETZ! IT WILL DOMINATE AND CONTROL EVERYTHING! IT WILL EAT OUR BABIES! AND ALL OF THAT WHILE PUTTING ADS EVERYWHERE!

5. mhenriday

Hope that, in distinction to its Linux machines,

Dell will make computers running the Chrome OS available even to those of us who don't happen to reside in the United States....

Henri

6. Change can be good
    Pint

The Party is OVER!

Here comes some serious competition.

User is king!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like