back to article Apple's US online store buckles under iPhone 4 preorders

Apple's US online store appears to be choking under the load of iPhone preorders. As of 10:00am Pacific time on Tuesday morning — the first day that the iPhone 4 is available for preorders — a trip to the iPhone order page where you are asked "Are you a new or existing AT&T wireless customer?" — after a long delay watching the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Halo

It's what analysts call pent up demand...

investors will love it!

2. Robin Weston
    FAIL

but wha....?

So major US tech company can't forecast demand for the sales of 4th gen product?

Or, and colour me in cynical, the outage wasn't accidental? I wonder if any of their servers needed "urgent" maintenance just about launch time?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Halo

or maybe its the new MacMini

terabyte HDD in a tiny 1.4 inch formfactor, but obviously hand carved by Steve himself as the prices are a bit outrageous in UK/EU.

1. Giles Jones Gold badge

HDMI

At least it has HDMI with multichannel audio this time. I have a Mac Mini as my media centre and having a HDMI box with optical input to output HDMI+audio to the TV is a bit of a faff. Especially with a USB TV tuner hanging down also.

4. FARfetched
    Badgers

Correct…

It's AT&T, or more precisely, AT&T's interface to Apple that's falling over.

I placed a non-iPhone order on the Apple Store this morning, completely forgetting it's Pre-Order Day, and it sailed right through.

5. DEAD4EVER
    Thumb Down

apples online store buckles

and the uk store is fine haha just proves that in america there are so many apple fanboys and then they complain when there order dont go through. if i was to choose between the iphone 4 and the htc evo 4g i know which one id choose and it certainly wouldnt be apple not with there high price tags its crazy.

1. Anonymous Coward
      WTF?

Good grief

Maybe your mother could promise to buy you a smartphone if you stopped bunking off English lessons and improved your marks somewhat?

6. YumDogfood

Teh englizh llhang-gewage

Jesus Hadron Collider! I thought my footy post was pushing legibility, and giving (my old) grammar a slight spanking.

I am seeing this invasion of the perpetually perturbed stream of unconsciousness drivel creep into general use, and not only on the net. The dyslexic might want to think about adding a disclaimer to distance themselves from the true twits of the typo - I have time for those with problems, no time for those who are problems.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Happy

Fair warning

I fully intend to pinch "Jesus Hadron Collider". That is all.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like