back to article Nominet election campaign starts rolling

The election campaign for two Board positions at dot-uk registry Nominet has kicked off, with seven candidates vying for two positions. But despite efforts to revitalise the organisation after several years of infighting, voters will be disappointed to see a cast of the usual suspects on the ballot. Five of the seven …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Matt Bradley
    Black Helicopters

No one dares

What, no comments yet?

Is this because nobody dares write them, or because The Register dare not publish them?

Or have you already been threatened with somebody's lawyer?

No names mentioned of course.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Looking after the little people

"help Nominet get back on its feet under a new chair"

Because only little people would fit under there.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Pfft ...

Anyone but Bennett, I subscribe to the mailing list in question and witnessed first hand how he made a complete fool of himself and all the other related tomfoolery and shenanigans that followed. Thin skinned is not how I would describe him either, throwing the toys out of the pram and threatening to call the police because said toys were not picked up and handed back to him would be more accurate.

Viva la Nominet.

Paris because there is no d0lphins.

4. Ivor 1
    Boffin

I like dolphins.

Maybe a bit tooooo much.

5. pidg
    FAIL

Nominomnom

I would vote for the Earl of Erroll if he changed his name to the Earl of Rickroll. And changed his outgoing email signature to "That's how I roll".

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

ICANN

't be bothered to vote

7. whois-search
    Thumb Down

dolphins.me.uk

I have decided (for SEO reasons) to change the name of my campaign website to:

http://www.dolphins.me.uk and now you can click on “Adopt a dolphin”.

Also just to show I am thick-skinned rather than thin Kieren…

I notice the 50% increase in the Nominet NED salary this year (since 2007) from £18,000 to £27,000 for 26 days. Whilst the new chair’s salary has gone down from £85,000 to £65,000 as recently advertised…Therefore should I be elected to the Nominet board I will ask Nominet to donate £9000 of my salary to the Sea Watch Foundation.

Andrew Bennett

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like